Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP Elitebook 845 G8 - Disable Modern standby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
For a couple of months I'm trying to disable modern standby on 845 G7 and G8, and replace it with S3. There is no easy way to do it, PlatformAoAcOverride workaround in Win10 doesn't work anymore, once the screen is off, it's automatically standby time. 

IFR-Extracted setup hints at existence of these options
Code:
Power Management Options

Wake when Lid is Opened | Varstore: MiscMobileKBCPwrMgmt, VarOffset: 0x0
                                                                                                                        Power Management Options
     Wake on USB | Varstore: WakeOnUSB, VarOffset: 0x0
                                                                                                                        Power Management Options
     Modern Standby | Varstore: HpModernStandbyConfigurations, VarOffset: 0x1
                                                                                                                        Power Management Options
     Modern Standby | Varstore: Msc, VarOffset: 0x2

By reading 'HpModernStandbyConfigurations' in 0x1 via setup_var, I get a 0x01 result (enabled?). 
However trying to write any changes results in ACCESS_DENIED. 
I have tried passing 0x00 to a variety of would-be unlocking variables, specifically DRTM options, in both 0x1 and 0x0 varstore, but couldn't get around the denied access. 

There are more references to these hidden settings, in the attached bin.
At '2CC14F4D-6D85-4EDD-FEA3-4BC66D083AD7', they are referenced with "Force S3"

As a result, I'm looking for either an unlocked bin, or a way how to disable it on any other 845 g8 or g7 (more preferable, as there are multiple people with the same request I would imagine). Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. 

Attachments follow below:
G8 bios file: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp141001-...141462.exe
G7 bios file: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp144501-...144652.exe
[attachment=24620]
[attachment=24622]
[attachment=24621]
[attachment=24623]
[attachment=24624]