Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] GA-H77-D3H (rev. 1.1) Unlocking frequency ratios for i5-3570K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now before anything else, I'm aware that a H77 motherboard isn't meant for full OC like a Z77, so let's skip that discussion, the reason I'm asking for this, is because my BIOS allows for full control over all the meaningful voltages for an OC (check my screenshots), but then Gigabyte remembered this is a H77 mo-bo and decided to gray out the Turbo frequency ratios and limited the CPU clock ratio to 36, but they allowed base clock OC, which is riskier than CPU clock OC, it makes no sense!?

All of that makes me wonder if those frequency ratios can't be unlocked by a BIOS mod, especially that I have an i5-3570K and I'm more than certain this motherboard is capable of handling a 40.0 ratio at the least, can it be done?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Direct link to latest stock BIOS from Gigabyte, which I'm using but with updated ME and uCodes: F16b

[attachment=24642]
[attachment=24643]
[attachment=24644]
[attachment=24645]
[attachment=24646]