Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: epox Ep af570 ultra + proccesor support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well guys im from chile and my english is not very good
but i try to search the answer of my questions in everywere
okay here is the problem
in this mother board af570 ultra (no sli) i can run a am2+ processor ? or amd 3?
maybe i can install a mod bios ¿this exist?
well the latest bios can i found is in the supox page the date of this is 2008
and some people tell me maybe this support this processors

thanks for the help and srry for this really bad english XDIdea
(06-21-2010, 08:58 PM)thorgrimr Wrote: [ -> ]well guys im from chile and my english is not very good
but i try to search the answer of my questions in everywere
okay here is the problem
in this mother board af570 ultra (no sli) i can run a am2+ processor ? or amd 3?
maybe i can install a mod bios ¿this exist?
well the latest bios can i found is in the supox page the date of this is 2008
and some people tell me maybe this support this processors

thanks for the help and srry for this really bad english XDIdea

this is a link to an SLI bios modded to accept am3 cpu's. might work on the non SLI.. dont know. You can ghost you bios on this MB. Do so before you try this as is may brick the board.

http://cp.people.overclockers.ru/cgi-bin/dl.pl?id=33452&filename=m5sl8114_AM3_6cores.rar

Nick
thanks
maybe i try this solution
but if im not modify the bios
its imposible use for example a am2+ like a phenom 7775?
(06-21-2010, 09:41 PM)thorgrimr Wrote: [ -> ]thanks
maybe i try this solution
but if im not modify the bios
its imposible use for example a am2+ like a phenom 7775?

post a link to your bios
okay wait me a minute

ftp://ftp.epox.cn/bios/M5VP8114.bin the bios
Yes, I also just finished adding full AM3 support to an ASUS 570 SLI; but the 570SLI chipset should be capable of it regardless. I went ahead and looked at your BIOS, and I can see the attached BIOS is capable of standard Phenom 1 proccessors. Phenom ii would also work, but it would simply say unknown cpu. If you are looking for a CPU upgrade. I would buy a 95W phenom ii quad core, and report back if it is detected. I can guarantee you that a phenom ii 95w will boot, but you may still want a bios update so that it detects the CPU name and you have the latest microcode.

Thanks,
TheWiz
thanks for the answers the wiz
i have the lasts questions xD
here we go:
this bios is the last on the page
for the phenom II or this kind of processor (am3) windows maybe can identify this? and if the answer is not i can use this processor without problems with all his especifications?
i can use the sli version bios without problems or you know some bios i can for this mother board?

thanks for all : D this forum its great Smile
The current latest BIOS that you posted here:

ftp://ftp.epox.cn/bios/M5VP8114.bin the bios

Will allow you to boot a Phenom II, and then we can add microcode etc so it goes from "unknown cpu" to detecting the actual name, but it will boot if the link you posted is your bios.

TheWiz
How can i do that?, add the microcode. There are some program for it?, thanks a lot Smile
No, that's something I would do, but it isn't worth doing until you see how well your phenom ii runs first. (Also, confirm that the link above IS your stock bios)

Tambien, si quisieras hablar en espanol, yo se basante bien la idioma Smile

TheWiz
Pages: 1 2