Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3 (rev1.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need this bios to support a Phenom x4 940, the x6 would be a nice add to the code also Wink

The latest bios from gigabyte supports the 95watt phenom x4 945, and many other deneb cores.

I'd included the bios but it's in an .exe form and i don't want to upload the wrong file so... Heres a link to the board on gigabyte's website also.

I would very thankful if this could be accomplished.
I'd be even more thankful if i was educated on how to mod a bios Big Grin
Hello

Heres your modded bios.

I have upgraded your boards AMD Agesa version to v3.7.0.0 which is the latest available and is required for X6 support. However , depending on power limitations of your motherboard , you might not be able to use the higher-power X6's (some are 125W). As theres already some support in the latest gigabyte bios , ive not touched the microcode but have just done the AGESA upgrade, which could possibly be enough to add support for X6's Big Grin

Try this at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
Sorry for reopening this old post,

My brother has just purchased a AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz for this motherboard (M61P-S3).

Will this bios work fine with this chip, or is it only coded for the Phenom x4 940?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Anthony