Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: MiTAC PH11CI Ivy Bridge Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,
I have an old AIO pc from 2013 that has a MiTAC PH11CI motherboard came with a Sandy Bridge CPU(Pentium G860) and I want to verify if its BIOS supports Ivy Bridge CPUs. I'm planning to upgrade my system and I'm looking to buy an Ivy Bridge processor (i7-3770s or i5-3475s ), but I'm not sure if it will work with my motherboard.

unfortunately , this motherboard is not supported or documented anymore on MiTAC website but i managed to get more information about it from their support team : [attachment=24766]

MiTAC support told me that  my system has a customized bios for the original supplier so its not easy to check if it does support or not.

Is their a way to determine if the bios support Ivy Bridge CPUs without trying it (since I still don't have one)

I extracted bios using Aptio_4_AMI_Firmware_Update_Utility: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3mf9lntpf...p.rom/file
and using CPUID CPU-Z: [attachment=24767]

if it doesn't can anyone modify it to support them.

I will attach all the remaining information that I have here.
[Image: Capturecpuz.png] [Image: Captureami.png]
[Image: cpu.png]

[Image: Bios-Version.jpg]
Thanks in advance for your help!
Extracted bios has support of Ivy Bridge.
(04-06-2023, 12:12 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Extracted bios has support of Ivy Bridge.

Thank you I really appreciate it, now I'm excited to upgrade my cpu once I get it.