Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Asus UX325EA bios mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello ! i don''t know if this is the right forum... if not an admin can remove it or post it to the right thread.

I own an Asus Ux325ea 11Gen Oled 8G Ram.
I read the bios file and supports 5-6 different ram modules (onboard).
The default Ram is Samsung K4U6E3S4AA-MGCR  4x2G total 8G.

I updated them with Samsung K4UBE3D4AA-MGCR 4x4G total 16G as bios section list them in SPD configuration.

When i try to boot it black screen and stay open.. when i re put back  the old modules works fine.
Somewhere i read than must change some bits on the bios file to recognize the new rams as this model comes with 8G and 16G of Ram.
 Is possible anyone who knows how to do it to modify the SPD configuration so can start and recognize the new modules 16G instead 8G?

i will post the bios file

[attachment=24837]

Attached Original Bios From Asus

Thanks in advance.
Hello.
Do you know which RAM chips are used in 16G version? Only H9HCNNNFAMMLXR-NEE diverse in SDRAM addressing among 7 SPD blocks. Byte 29 in contrary to 21.
(05-07-2023, 09:53 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.
Do you know which RAM chips are used in 16G version? Only H9HCNNNFAMMLXR-NEE diverse in SDRAM addressing among 7 SPD blocks. Byte 29 in contrary to 21.

Hello. Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay..
You mean that the memory's i buy does not do the job? i only need Hynix with the parameters you write?

I attach the data i take straight from my bios with the programmer from the 2 flash chipsets.

[attachment=24848]
(05-08-2023, 01:21 PM)kitsaras Wrote: [ -> ]You mean that the memory's i buy does not do the job? i only need Hynix with the parameters you write?
I did not mean that the Samsung memory does not do the job. Just asked in case you know what memory comes in 16G devices. After all, this is my first time diving in SPD editing. Trying to understand what values ​​should be edited.

So, you already found the SPD data. And here we have a DDR4 tech. doc. attached. I think that byte 4 or 5 of K4UBE3D4AA-MGCR block needs to be changed.
Shall I try?
(05-08-2023, 02:56 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2023, 01:21 PM)kitsaras Wrote: [ -> ]You mean that the memory's i buy does not do the job? i only need Hynix with the parameters you write?
I did not mean that the Samsung memory does not do the job. Just asked in case you know what memory comes in 16G devices. After all, this is my first time diving in SPD editing. Trying to understand what values should be edited.

So, you already found the SPD data. And here we have a DDR4 tech. doc. attached. I think that byte 4 or 5 of K4UBE3D4AA-MGCR block needs to be changed.
Shall I try?
Thank you. Of course i try to find someone who knows how to make it works.. I see the attachment of course the coffee is mine  for your work.
Thank you again
I think I figured out how this works.
Value of byte 5 comes from memory chip datasheet. The chip you bought is already exist in SPD, so you don't need to change it. Now I explain what I came up with on byte 4...

The default value for 8G RAM configuration of this device model is 15h. There are 3 groups of bits. For 16G they should be as follows. Bits 7-6 = 00 since no bank groups. Bits 5-4 = 01 because all DDR4 chips have 8 internal banks. Bit 3-0 = 0110 which means capacity of 16Gb(2G), but we want dual channel mode active.
And so in result I have 00010110 = 16h. This beautifully stacks with that SPD of Micron chips have this value.
kitsaras.zip
(05-09-2023, 01:01 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: [ -> ]I think I figured out how this works.
Value of byte 5 comes from memory chip datasheet. The chip you bought is already exist in SPD, so you don't need to change it. Now I explain what I came up with on byte 4...

The default value for 8G RAM configuration of this device model is 15h. There are 3 groups of bits. For 16G they should be as follows. Bits 7-6 = 00 since no bank groups. Bits 5-4 = 01 because all DDR4 chips have 8 internal banks. Bit 3-0 = 0110 which means capacity of 16Gb(2G), but we want dual channel mode active.
And so in result I have 00010110 = 16h. This beautifully stacks with that SPD of Micron chips have this value.
kitsaras.zip

Good Morning! Thank you. This is ready to flash it in the Bios chip and test?
(05-09-2023, 02:02 AM)kitsaras Wrote: [ -> ]This is ready to flash it in the Bios chip and test?
Yes, test it please.
(05-09-2023, 09:56 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2023, 02:02 AM)kitsaras Wrote: [ -> ]This is ready to flash it in the Bios chip and test?
Yes, test it please.
Hello friend. i will flash it, awaiting the new bios mosfet cause with the help of my little schnauzer he fly in the 9th dimension... hope till Friday will be here, wait my news!
Winbond instead XMC same specs. XM25QH128A SOIC8 -> W25Q128JVSIQ SOIC8 .
Ps: in the file you send me before i flash it i see in many sections the model of the old Ram's K4U6E3S4AA-MGCR. This need to change to the new ram's or we leave it as is?
(05-09-2023, 03:48 PM)kitsaras Wrote: [ -> ]This need to change to the new ram's or we leave it as is?
Let's leave it as is.
Pages: 1 2