Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [AMI - Asus] Installed wrong bios, cannot rollback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've got an ASUS Notebook. MyAsus app suggested me a bios update with v305 but later I've discovered latest v for my machine is 303 (as support told me). For some reason and not my fault the system updated the bios with this version, maybe for a slighter different iteration of my notebook, but since then I've started to experience several problems related to the dedicated gpu / power states (freezes, fan at maximum, manual reboot).

I can work but when I close the lid or when the pc goes itselt to sleep, then it starts whispering at maximum and sometimes crashes or freezes , and I need to reboot manually by power button.

I tried to fool the AZFlash reflashing 303 version but when it enters UEFI bios it says there is some error and does not proceed.

I do not to want RMA because I cannot work on another notebook right now and should be the last chance. How can I manage to reflash the previous version without issues?

Will the bios recovery procedure will work? ( AMIBOOT.ROM )I do not have a HOME button so I don't know how to proceed. Need some help.
You can try to revert to the previous version of the BIOS. Since you are having difficulty flashing the previous version using AZFlash, you could try using the ASUS BIOS recovery procedure to restore the previous BIOS version.