Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus M3A78-CM unlock frequency multiplier help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I bought a Asus M3A78-CM for my black edition Phenom II X2 and found I can't change the frequency multiplier in the bios. I've google the way to mod the bios and this's how I did it:

1. Open the official bios in AMIBCP_V3.37, change the multiplier from "reserved" to "user" and save the BIOS.
2. Extract the modified 1B by MMTool 3.22 from modifed BIOS
3. Replace the 1B of the official bios by modified 1B using MMTool 3.22.

Since I have no spare BIOS I really want to make sure this is the right way to do it.

P.S. I also notice in AMIBCP that the Cool'nQuiet is set to reserved and I wish I could unlock too.
Any suggestion will be very helpful. Thank you!
Im afraid that AMIBCP corrupts the bios upon saving. However , as the options you refer to have Show set to "Yes" , they shouldnt be hidden!. If they were locked then Show would be set on "No"

Modding the 1B module is also a very risky process and is not required for unlocking options!

Try pressing Ctrl F1 , Ctrl Home or Ctrl F9 in the BIOS. This combination sometimes unlocks hidden settings on certain motherboards.

Regards
Admin