Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP OMEN 17 BIOS Roll Back/ Downgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I recently did some windows updates and started experiencing BSOD's and Freezes. After attempting a few things to fix the issues, i resorted to updating the bios from f.47 to f.49 rev A. After flashing the bios through the install assistant, my laptop immediately crashed. Laptop power button led was on and caps lock light was flashing 3 times. I tried the Win and B keys with power button to recover the bios but nothing worked. Eventually I decided to open the laptop and remove 1 stick of the ram. Closed the laptop back up and it started working. I tried to change the kit with another ram kit but nothing worked. the 2nd ram slot was not working and the laptop wouldnt boot up with the 2nd ram in it. so now im left with 1 stick of 8gb. 

I tried to fix the issue by downloading the previous bios and flashing it through USB. I tried to boot up again using the Win, B and power button, and then i get the error "The system bios recovery failed. Unable to open bios signature file".

What am i doing wrong? How do i downgrade back to f.48 bios or any other so i can get the 2nd ram slot working.
Thank You
For some reason, I get the impression that the RAM replacement procedure impacted certain data apps. I'm also seeing this issue, and it seems to have surfaced in the latest update version for some reason.