Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Dimension E520 v2.4.0 Dell 2.1 SLIC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a Dell Dimension E520 desktop computer with (BIOS version 2.4.0) and (SLIC version 2.0). Are there any mods of this BIOS that include SLIC 2.1?
Please post a bios link and we can upgrade you to SLIC 2.1

Regards
Admin
(07-14-2010, 07:17 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Please post a bios link and we can upgrade you to SLIC 2.1

Regards
Admin

The filename is "DM061-020400.EXE" and is available from this link
ftp://ftp.dell.com/bios/DM061-020400.EXE
You can also download the file from
http://support.dell.com/
under drivers, choose a model, choose desktops, dimension, E520 and then look under BIOS.
Here you go , i used Dell 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was successfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20Di...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin
I just wanted to chip in and say I used this the other day and it works perfect with a Dell Windows 7 x64 OEM disc.
i just wanted to say thank you. this was the easiest bios flash i have ever done. activated and running fine. windows 7 ultimate.
Hi, I just should let you know that it works perfectly... Installed and activated straight away... I can't thank you enough, guys....
i just capital to say acknowledge you. this was the easiest bios beam i accept anytime done. activated and active fine. windows 7 ultimate.
What are the ***** characters in step 1 below?

(07-17-2010, 08:55 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go , i used Dell 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was successfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Dell%20Di...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin

I know it has been a while, but does anyone still have this bios? I have been searching for this for a while but this is the only trustable one I had found and the link is dead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.
Pages: 1 2