Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Aopen i915gmm-HFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Aopen i915gmm-HFS MB which supports Dothan Pentium M cpu. But I couldn't overclock the cpu to 166Mhz FSB. In the other side, Aopen i915ga-HFS MB could support the 166Mhz FSB, which is also the intel i915gm chipset. I don't know wether the Aopen lock the i915gmm-HFS MB in bios or update the i915ga-HFS MB. Could anybody help me to unlock or mod the BIOS of i915gmm-HFS MB?
i915gmm-HFS MB bios is http://www.aopen.com.cn/downloadfile.aspx?RecNo=10312&Model=1280&Section=8&DL=yes

i915ga-HFS MB bios is http://www.aopen.com.cn/downloadfile.aspx?RecNo=11498&Model=1341&Section=8&DL=yes

Both the bios files were Award manufactured
theres nothing hidden but you seemt o already have overclocking options under Frquency/Voltage Control

However, i would advise against overclocking a laptop as they generally overheat without overclocking!

Admin
(07-16-2010, 08:21 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]theres nothing hidden but you seemt o already have overclocking options under Frquency/Voltage Control

However, i would advise against overclocking a laptop as they generally overheat without overclocking!

Admin

Thanks for replying.
The i915gmm-HFS isn't a laptop MB, it's a MODT MB in micro-ATX style. The i915ga-HFS is a MODT MB in ATX style. The following picture is i915gmm-HFS.

Yes, I have the overclocking option in BIOS, the extended frequency could be chosen from 100-400Mhz. I think that i915ga-HFS would be in the space too. But i915ga-HFS can support 166Mhz, meanwhile i915gmm-HFS can't do it.

Would you mind help me to find the difference of PCI-E/PCI locking optins or some what other options between these two BIOS? Maybe,I need you to MOD the BIOS of i915gmm-HFS.

Thanks again.
If you have a spare BIOS chip and they are similar, I would reccomend giving it a try on a spare chip. I'm still having a bit of trouble understanding the issue though. If you can set the right freqwuency, what needs modding?

TheWiz