Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Resizable BAR for Lenovo Thinkcentre M72e/Edge 72/Lenovo 64 (Ivy)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a modded BIOS I made for my m72e following the procedure of ReBarUEFI by xCuri0, requirements to install would be an uefi windows/linux installation with CSM disabled, a graphics card with at least 4 gb of memory and confirmed PCIE gen 3 support on gpuz. You can flash it normally with the official tool bundled here, the readme included has the instructions to do so, after booting successfully execute "ReBarState.exe" with administrator and set the bar size to 32 (unlimited).

This method does have limitations with Sandy/Ivy Bridge systems like these, like having a max of 2 GB bar size if you don't follow this optional procedure to unlock it at its entirely for 8 GB GPUs and up. This BIOS does have it, I suggest enabling it after flashing for an even bigger performance boost as indicated here. https://github.com/xCuri0/ReBarUEFI/wiki...G-decoding.

Nvidia GPUs aren't supported, this is for AMD GPUs first and foremost. To enable it in Windows for unsupported ones (everything before RDNA1) use the following registry tweak or Nimez drivers. Tell me how it goes!

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
"KMD_RebarControlMode"=dword:00000001
"KMD_RebarControlSupport"=dword:00000001
"KMD_EnableReBarForLegacyASIC"=dword:00000001