Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] ASUS K50ID virtualization unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, guys!
I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
This is needed to run VMware on my old bucket. My Intel P9600 processor supports virtualization, but I can't enable it.
I tried this mod: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...nd-Updated
This BIOS does not contain the settings I need. Help me add it
Thanks!
(10-23-2023, 11:15 AM)anarki Wrote: [ -> ]I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
I could not add a setting to enable virtualization, there is no such to unlock. But I tried enabling VT feature manually: K50IDAS_217_Modded.rar. It is based on this mod.

If you had already installed bios from the "ASUS K50ID Unlocked and Updated" thread, this one will be possible to install via ezflash only.
(10-24-2023, 02:34 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2023, 11:15 AM)anarki Wrote: [ -> ]I need an unlocked BIOS for laptop ASUS K50ID with the ability to enable virtualization.
I could not add a setting to enable virtualization, there is no such to unlock. But I tried enabling VT feature manually: K50IDAS_217_Modded.rar. It is based on this mod.

If you had already installed bios from the "ASUS K50ID Unlocked and Updated" thread, this one will be possible to install via ezflash only.
Thank you. I flashed BIOS, but VMWare not starting yet.
Maybe there are some other virtualization settings for Core2Duo? VMWare displays:
[attachment=25213]
(10-24-2023, 10:37 AM)anarki Wrote: [ -> ]VMWare not starting yet.
What error you had with stock bios? The same?
Actually, I had such a problem. It was on a TOSHIBA Satellite L300 PSLB0E laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 processor. Although it has virtualization support, but some other things are needed that my old processor simply does not have. I solved it by installing an older version of VMware (10 version). In the new versions, as I understand, the processor should not only have virtualization support, but also some other instructions that Core 2 Duo most likely does not have.

After installing the VMware 10 version, this problem disappeared. Here you need to experimentally pick up the latest version of VMware, which works fine and does not require anything extra from the processor
(10-24-2023, 12:02 PM)VasyaHP2007 Wrote: [ -> ]I solved it by installing an older version of VMware (10 version).
Indeed.
There are some Q&A topics from VMware forum proving this.
1. Topic 460117;
2. Topic 446571.