Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Crelander DS16 Dual screen BIOS Update failed recovery with CH341A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. Michel here. I´m trying to recover a Crelander DS16 Laptop (i7 10750h dual screen laptop, ZENBOOK DUO Clone).

Laptop lost power and failed a BIOS Flash mid flash with AFUWIN/DOS. I of course made a backup beforehand, however, i can´t flash with AFUWIN/DOS now since it doesn´t boot/post anymore (black screen, fans on). I´ve read the BIOS chip (W25Q80DVSIG) with a CH341A Programmer, but AFUWIN Bios backup is 12MBytes and the CH341 read is a 1Mbyte file. I have compared both files and tried changing some data around with a hex editor (used WinOls to compare and edit) but still can´t get anything working. I uploaded the file to UefiTool but i dont understand how or what exactly i should extract/delete from the 12MByte .rom file to be able to flash and recover with the CH341A programmer. Please let me know if you can give me some tips or help with this. Thanks and have a good day!

][https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sPtvRN6uYz1JX3Wr_uB2cKevKzR2lH3h/view?usp=sharing]
(10-30-2023, 07:03 PM)michelhadid Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys. Michel here. I´m trying to recover a Crelander DS16 Laptop (i7 10750h dual screen laptop, ZENBOOK DUO Clone).

Laptop lost power and failed a BIOS Flash mid flash with AFUWIN/DOS. I of course made a backup beforehand, however, i can´t flash with AFUWIN/DOS now since it doesn´t boot/post anymore (black screen, fans on). I´ve read the BIOS chip (W25Q80DVSIG) with a CH341A Programmer, but AFUWIN Bios backup is 12MBytes and the CH341 read is a 1Mbyte file. I have compared both files and tried changing some data around with a hex editor (used WinOls to compare and edit) but still can´t get anything working. I uploaded the file to UefiTool but i dont understand how or what exactly i should extract/delete from the 12MByte .rom file to be able to flash and recover with the CH341A programmer. Please let me know if you can give me some tips or help with this. Thanks and have a good day!

][https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sPtvRN6uYz1JX3Wr_uB2cKevKzR2lH3h/view?usp=sharing]
Hi
W25Q80DVSIG - it is not a bios chip
[quote pid="199161" dateline="1698743466"]

Hi
W25Q80DVSIG - it is not a bios chip
[/quote]

Appreciate your guidance. Correct chip was a W25Q128JVSQ on the motherboard underside. Read with CH341A, result was the correct 16MByte file. Fixed the read by comparing and transfering missing parts from the original BIOS backup and flashed back. Worked like a charm. Running a custom/modded BIOS now with no issues. Thanks!
I value your advice. The motherboard's underside revealed the correct chip to be a W25Q128JVSQ. The data file, which was 16 MB in size, was successfully read using CH341A. In order to fix the read, we compared the two versions of the BIOS and copied over the missing files before flashing back. Got the job done perfectly. Using a modified BIOS now without any problems. I am grateful.