Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo M58 M58P SLIC2.1 (Phoenix BIOS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello I am graciously requesting if someone could help with this BIOS for Lenovo M58 (MTQ45MK or Panda L-IQ45). The latest v77 BIOS appears to have some SLIC signature in BIOS but it doesn't work with any 2.1 cert and key that I've tried for "TC-5C" SLIC bin. Perhaps it is SLIC 2.0 for Vista? The M58/P was initially shipped with Vista but later shipments offered Windows 7.

I dumped acpi tables from R-W Everything, the error flagged .bin file from SLIC Tool Kit 3.2, and the BIOS update files extracted from Lenovo package for DOS ($image5c.usf). Zipped into one archive here (Google Drive):  LENM58Request.7z

And also as an attachment/upload to this post. If this involves having to write or insert a BIOS marker in-board using a utility, I can follow directions if someone could kindly point me to them. Thanks in advance!
[attachment=25246]
(11-06-2023, 03:18 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: [ -> ]5cjt77.zip

Hi and thanks for your time and reply! I use included Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive using the .IMG file (16MB) located in DOS folder after extraction. But when I boot from the USB flash drive, I get invalid opcode error almost immediately (about 3~4 seconds) after selecting the USB flash drive from boot menu and it goes back to C prompt:

[Image: j3lShBv.jpg]

There is no instructions or other error provided. BTW I notice there are some .PAT and .HSH files missing in your download compared to the original BIOS package. Is that by intent? What are those files or what are they for?
use this method to add slic 2.1 into your bios

I,m sharing files and method to add slic 2.1 into bios of M58. (LENOVOTC-5C)
Step 1: make bootable usb using DOS98.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/220tpwdlnqlsbty/Make Bootable USB using DOS.rar/file
Screenshots are attached.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/0j6xkqa3y...1.bmp/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nyc1apffc...2.bmp/file
Step2: copy all the files from marker Thinkcenter m58 folder into usb.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gst891bap...58.7z/file

Step3: restart your computer and entering into boot menue by pressing f12 button.
Step4: select your usb and press enter.
Step5: you will be booted to dos98 system
now type mark.bat and press enter
step6: success , now you have slic 2.1 into your bios.

@dr.muhammad waseem
Thank you for your help, I will try it! Is it just my (uninformed) opinion or are these Lenovo BIOS more challenging than most other manufacturers to mod?
(11-06-2023, 09:16 AM)tcsenter Wrote: [ -> ]But when I boot from the USB flash drive, I get invalid opcode error
This error appears when the bios filename is not in DOS 8.3 format. "$image5C.usf" name has an $ character. It's bad.
phlash16.exe is used for flashing and the filename is original from Lenovo as well. Although, DOS version is different. This might have caused the problem.

(11-06-2023, 09:16 AM)tcsenter Wrote: [ -> ]What are those files or what are they for?
I think .PAT and .HSH files are the parts of bios image. Some looks like CPU codes. See readme.1st for better clue.

I updated the archive.

(11-06-2023, 09:27 AM)Waseemkhan9696 Wrote: [ -> ]use this method to add slic 2.1 into your bios
Hope this works. Unlike mine.
OK thank you for the efforts! But the 2nd upload renaming the USF ROM file still gave the opcode error. So I just use the Free DOS image offered by Rufus instead, copied to it all contents from the Lenovo original BIOS package for DOS but replaced the original ROM with the 1st modded ROM file. The flash proceeded and complete successfully, but still SLIC OEM ID or signature error and no activation, after reinstalling product key and certificate correct for Lenovo Windows 7 Professional.

I have uploaded the as-current acpi tables from RWE, a screen capture of SLIC Tool Kit 3.2 along with the error-flagged SLIC .bin and acpi tables it provides. 
[attachment=25255]

Waseemkhan9696 -- Sorry but your marker did not work. It did report successful completion but there appear to be no changes, after re-installing the correct product key and certificate file. Thanks for replying.
(11-06-2023, 04:32 PM)tcsenter Wrote: [ -> ]still SLIC OEM ID or signature error and no activation

Try again.
Instead of creating second SLIC table as ACPI5 module, replaced header and marker, edited FACP and TCPA2.
(11-07-2023, 03:47 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2023, 04:32 PM)tcsenter Wrote: [ -> ]still SLIC OEM ID or signature error and no activation

Try again.
Instead of creating second SLIC table as ACPI5 module, replaced header and marker, edited FACP and TCPA2.

Thanks will give it a try later. Should I flash this over the current (modded) BIOS, or should I flash to the original Lenovo ROM first? i.e. start from the beginning
(11-07-2023, 06:31 AM)tcsenter Wrote: [ -> ]should I flash to the original Lenovo ROM first?
Doesn't matter.
Pages: 1 2 3