Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ECS nForce4M-A 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I hope that this thread is in the right section.
I was wondering, why I could not change the vCore settings in my BIOS higher than 1.300V which is acutally the normal voltage of my CPU.
Mainboard: ECS nForce4M-A 3.0 Link
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Windsor
GPU: GeForce GTX 260+ (216 shaders)
RAM: 4GB Mushkin DDR2-800
CrystalCPUID gives me this BIOS information:
Vendor: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Caption: Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Version: DELL - 42302e31
Date: 05/26/2008

Is there anything to mod in this BIOS so I can change the vCore settings?
Are there any other features to unlock? I know that this MoBo is not the best for OCing but I want to get the maximum out of it.
Thanks a lot!
Advanced Bios Features >> CPU Feature >> NPT Vid Control (Voltage) goes up to 1.55V

you also have the setting to change cpu frequencuy to 300mhz by default - no modding needed

This should give you a decent overclock Smile

Regards
Admin
Thanks for your reply.
I read about this, but my BIOS does not give me the option to do so, there has to be something which blocks this. CPU frequency and HT Multiplier work fine, but I can not go higher than 232MHz CPU without setting the vCore higher. Any workaround maybe? Or do I have to enable some options before, I tried Ctrl+F1, but this did not help me.
Thanks for your help (:

EDIT: Here's a picture of it:
Picture

As you can see there's no setting above 1.3V although there should be one.
Hope it helps!
Perhaps the CPU wont physically take 1.55V ???

Im not sure , just guessing now

Admin
It should take more. I think that there are security features inside BIOS that need to be disabled. Because if you don't set the right FSB+HT Multiplier+DRAM clock it will go into a safety mode, setting everything to default. If you do it right, everything except vCore is fine. Any way to disable this security options maybe?

Edit: The CPU does not have a limit in vCore settings, a friend of mine set his vCore to 1,4V without any problems. There has to be something inside the BIOS. How can I read(and perhaps edit) a BIOS? Which tool should I use?

Thanks a lot!

Edit2: I tried to use awdbedit but the system menu does not load properly, there are just strange signs, no clear text like on the screenshot. Undecided
I will look into it further, but please use modbin (available on download page) to view BIOS contents.

TheWiz
Thanks a lot. (: