Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Vostro 3250 7th gen support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, i've recently acquired a Dell Vostro 3250 which came with an i3 6100. Wanting to make it a bit faster, i dug out an i5 7500 from some random box in my house, though a quick google search says it only supports Skylake CPUs, though it has an H110 chipset
After I put it in, the computer would turn on momentarily, but immediately power off

Is it possible to mod the BIOS to accept a 7th gen?

Link to the latest bios
You can try to flash BIOS for Vostro 3268 by a hardware programmer.
(12-08-2023, 09:52 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]You can try to flash BIOS for Vostro 3268 by a hardware programmer.

Is a black PCB CH341a programmer modded for 3.3v suitable for programming this chip?
I don't know. I make mods only.
(12-08-2023, 10:00 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know. I make mods only.

Alr, i'll figure it out and post updates. Thank you very much!!
Okay, now i'm trying to somehow extract the raw bios image from the EXE you download from dell's site
Problem is, /writeromfile (/writehexfile) just don't work
Any ideas?
You need the dump of real motherboard from Vostro 3268.
(12-08-2023, 02:45 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]You need the dump of real motherboard from Vostro 3268.

That's a problem....
Another problem is that I found some dumps of the 3268 on the internet but they're all 16MB, yet the chips i read are 8MB.
Replace BIOS chip.
(12-08-2023, 03:15 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Replace BIOS chip.

Okay, after more digging it seems the two chips are the same size and i've managed to extract the 3268 BIOS from the EXE (attached), though my dump seems to be in a different format (missing "5A A5 F0 0F" header at 0x10).

Would appreciate converting to the proper format if possible
Pages: 1 2