Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel NUC8i7HNK - BIOS mod to PCIe bifurcate one M.2 slot from x4 to x2/x2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

First, I am assuming this is the right place. I don't have 100% confirmation that the Intel NUC8i7HNK is an AMI bios but the bios file is a .BIO and they use AMI for a large percentage of their products. It it appears on the NUC8i7HNK as Intel's "Visual BIOS". Apologies if I am in the wrong place.

I am trying to do data rescue for a desperate friend. The SSD is an Intel H10 Optane M.2 SSD. This weird thing is a M.2 SSD stick with two independent SSDs on it, each on its own x2 PCIe interface. The H10's M.2 card edge instead of being PCIe x4 it is PCIe x2/x2. 

M.2 PCIe lanes 0&1 go to 32GB 3DXPoint Optane flash
M.2 PCIe lanes 2&3 go to 512GB of TLC flash

Someone at Intel was dropping LSD designing it. Anyhow, both devices need to be accessible for it to work. I am running Linux (Rocky 9.3) and I cannot find any tool or method to bifurcate a M.2 slot.

Does anyone know if this is for sure an AMI Bios? What AMI tool could be used to dig into the hidden settings and bifurcate an M.2 into x2/x2?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Many thanks!