Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: X58B-A2 V1.0 Add Xeon x5650 microcode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my goal is to add support for the Xeon x5650 in my X58B-A2 V1.0 mobo. The motherboard will not POST at all with the stock bios when i have the Xeon inserted. The PCI debug card shows 00 as error message.

I've followed the guide and extracted the microcodes from the original bios using MCExtractor. Then replaced the old ones and inserted new ones using the copy command to the NCPUCODE.BIN.
The problem i am facing is that every CBROM version I have used to insert the new NCPUCODE.BINĀ  into the bios just gets stuck forever. I've tried every cbrom version i've been able to find on the internet, but everyone fails.

Could somebody please insert the NCPUCODE.BIN in the bios file i am attaching Smile ?

Thanks!

P.S: I currently don't have a cpu compatible with the motherboard in order to boot it to windows and take a CPU-Z screenshot.
Adding microcode will not add support for new CPU.
(12-23-2023, 03:46 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Adding microcode will not add support for new CPU.

Oh, ok thanks for the info!
I guess either the motherboard is dead or totally incompatible with the x5650, cause i'm reading 1.0v vcore with the multimeter, although it should be around 1.35v to boot the processor.

Any idea if there is a CBROM version that would work with the bios of the ECS X58B-A2 ?
CBROM can't help with AMI BIOS.