Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Maximus 2 Formula Modded BIOS for Xeon X5470 Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas with health and prosperity!!!

I kindly ask for your help with the following issue. Many years ago I found a guy who was able to supply me with a Xeon X5470 CPU and its tape and BIOS mod so that it would work on my Maximus II Formula motherboard.

Now, this is a sentimental piece of hardware for me so I would like to have a fix for the following issue, please.

Although the CPU works fine, both the BIOS and the OS see half the RAM that I have installed. I tried everything I could. Reset the settings to BIOS Defaults, removed the CMOS Battery, used the motherboard's own BIOS Reset button at the back, various different RAM modules, still to this day I have not been able to make the system read the full RAM capacity. I now have 16 GB of Kingston DDR2 memory, but reads only 8 GB.

Can someone create the BIOS mod properly and send it to me so that this issue gets fixed, please?

Many thanks in advance for your kind responses and assistance Smile
Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0