Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlocking CPU Voltages on MSI P35 Neo2-FR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,
I need help with unlocking the voltages in my BIOS. I am trying to overclock my CPU (E5200), but when I go into my BIOS, all of my voltages (Vcore, NB etc.) are read-only. Could there be a way that these can be unlocked?

Download link to my BIOS is here:
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloadfile&dno=8655&type=bios
It's AMI BIOS Version 1.A if the link doesn't work.

Would greatly appreciate any help
I am seeing many options like this under the "Cell Menu", where I also see DRAM clock options etc. Have you checked this menu completly.
I have checked it just now. I know that I can change my FSB, but at the bottom of the cell menu (below PCI-E speeds) are all the motherboard voltages, these are read-only. I can't change them.
Sorry for the delay (just returned from trip). Let me give a second look before I declare anything final.

TheWiz
Don't worry about the delay, no rush Big Grin
Sorry about that, lots of requests lately.

Unfortunately I confirmed there is nothing hidden in this BIOS of use to us. If you do have a spare BIOS chip though we could try testing some other retail BIOSes.

Let me know what you think,
TheWiz
Can't do that I'm afraid, my BIOS chip is soldered into the motherboard, so I can't take it out. But I have flashed BIOSes before, I've even had one go wrong but the AMI Bios recovery done the trick (Ctrl + Home)

Could you possibly tell me where I could find these other BIOSes? I might consider trying myself IF it's safe enough to flash.
Well the first step in doing something like this is making a list of motherboards on this thread that have the same chipset. Then you narrow it down by type (AMI or Award) and finally you ensure the size is compatible with your BIOS chip. Then you can look at further specifics but that's how I would start.

TheWiz
I've had a quick look at motherboards with the same chipset and have found some motherboards, but either the BIOS .rom file is too big or the mobo uses Award bios.

I might try again at a later date but I'm on holiday for the next week.

Anyway, thanks for the help Big Grin
Even if the .ROm is too big it may eb worth posting to look at the modules. Enjoy your vacation Smile

TheWiz
Pages: 1 2