Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Inspiron 5593 bios dump - keyboard backlight mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5593 that keeps destroying keyboards (space, b, n and others - common issue). About 6 months ago I bought a cheap replacement keyboard that failed in the same way as the original, some weeks ago.
So I bought another keyboard (labeled Chicony) that feels a lot better and has backlight. The problem is that even though I connected the second ribbon cable to the correct connector on the motherboard, backlight doesn't work and the option to turn it on does not show up in Bios.

I am thinking that this keyboard backlight option can be enabled in Bios, since this specific laptop was shipped with a normal, non backlight keyboard.

I imagine the first step would be to dump the bios bin and politely ask here for it to be modded. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to dump my current bios. Tried so far: 
  1. Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 --> "cannot identify bios"
  2. Intel CSME System Tools v11 r30 --> generic error
  3. Dell Command Configure --> I have no idea how to use it Sad

HWINFO:
  • Dell Inspiron 5593
  • Motherboard: Dell 0HFDR0
  • Bios: UEFI Dell 1.29.0 (12/15/2023)
  • CPU: i7 1065G7
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Windows 11

Can anybody point me in the right direction or at least tell me if it it's possible to get the backlight working?

Thanks a lot!