Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: New to this..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to this but am hoping to learn about how to perform BIOS modifications. I have an AORUS X670E xtreme and up until recently I was running BIOS F10. I then read about issues with security in the respect of BIOS logo images and updated to the latest F22 BIOS, at the exact same time my THB4 card stopped functioning and I discovered that they must have removed something in the BIOS which killed support.

While the Maple Ridge card is not "officially supported" by Gigabyte for my motherboard, it has always worked up until now, at the moment I have regressed BIOS in order to keep it working but I am not happy about it.

I have asked Gigabyte to fix the problem but expect the same "this is not on the supported device list" response that you normally get from them so am hoping that someone here will be able to teach me how to mod my BIOS to put the support back..

I know the early BIOS works, and the latest doesn't maybe the first stop is to see what has changed... Interestingly enough the Thunderbolt Menu still shows in BIOS but the common platform module seems to be hidden.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.. atm its my icebreaker Smile

Cheers in advance.

O.K So no one has responded to this, but can someone tell me is even possible to pull a module from one version of a motherboard BIOS and drop it into a later BIOS for the same board?