Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo ThinkPad P72 BIOS, Security Supervisor password issue Insight needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone at work had an attempt to install a BIOS update on their Lenovo Thinkpad P72 fail. It resulted in a brick device with the laptop just powering on and eventually receiving a Lenovo smart beep error of 0285, TCG-compliant functionality-related error (might be the TPM initialization failure). As I figured it was no coincidence the update failed then the error was received I figured the BIOS was just corrupt. I took a backup of the current corrupt BIOS, I think it was on v1.33(supervisor password enable). Using the backup and the files from the Lenovo BIOS installer for a similar or same version as the backup, I created a new bios bin file. Flashed the bios chip on the laptop and recovered it from the error it was experiencing. It now powers on and boots to the SSD, however the BIOS supervisor password no longer seems to be the same as it would be. The user claims they did not change anything. As far as I could determine from research, the BIOS bin file should not have effected the BIOS password. This was my first time modifying a BIOS bin file and flashing a BIOS chip.

So I'm just hoping there is an expert on here that can help shed some light on this. From what I also could tell from searching around on the web, a modded patch would be needed to wipe/reset the supervisor password to resolve this. 

I was very excited that the modded bin file worked and got the laptop out of the error state(I was also able to update the BIOS to the current version 1.53, but disappointed when the password they use for their devices didnt work...