Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Biostar P4SDP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Motherboard Make/Model: Biostar P4SDP
Bios Version You Want Modding: SDP0217F.BIN
Link To Official Bios Download: ftp://ftp.biostar-usa.com/bios/P4SDP/SDP0217F.BIN

This motherboard is supposed to support a 3.06 HT CPU, but when I use a 3.06 HT CPU the BIOS stops POSTing at the CPU. A microcode update is probably needed for this board to work with this CPU.

Anything else you can unlock or add would be great too. Big Grin
Moved to CPU Upgrade Requests - Microcode Related

Please also post a link to another bios which fully supports the CPU you want to use. (Make sure its an Award Bios to match the bios for your own board) We can then take the microcode out of this bios and insert it into your bios.

Regards
Admin
(08-06-2010, 06:58 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to CPU Upgrade Requests - Microcode Related

Please also post a link to another bios which fully supports the CPU you want to use. (Make sure its an Award Bios to match the bios for your own board) We can then take the microcode out of this bios and insert it into your bios.

Regards
Admin

Thanks for replying!

Here is a link to a Biostar U8798 Pro BIOS (Award BIOS) - ftp://ftp.biostar-usa.com/bios/U8798%20PRO/U8798R07.PRO
OK , ive replaced the microcode in the P4SDP bios with the microcode from the U798 Pro Bios

Flash at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Biostar%2...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
(08-08-2010, 06:20 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]OK , ive replaced the microcode in the P4SDP bios with the microcode from the U798 Pro Bios

Flash at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Biostar%2...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin

Thank you for your effort. Unfortunately, there must be another issue as the POST still stops at the CPU.

PS - Happy Birthday!
Thank You! Big Grin - Thats the explanation for me slacking off yesterday Tongue

Im not sure what the case is then for the POST. However , its listed on the site that it supports the 3.06ghz but theres no mention of it supporting HT. I wonder if Intel made a 3.06ghz P4 that didnt have HT support? :S

Il do some more research on this

Regards
Admin