Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Customized my Acer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Bios Mod Expert,

I want to customized my boot splash image.
can you help me out here?
Appreciate it

http://www.4shared.com/file/PVeLI5st/Acer_TM4740.html
http://www.4shared.com/photo/RYejP5lv/Spiderman3.html

Many many Thanks
datakhim_79
Please post the make and model number of your Acer machine as im having trouble opening the bios image from the link that you provided

Regards
Admin
(08-13-2010, 12:49 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the make and model number of your Acer machine as im having trouble opening the bios image from the link that you provided

Regards
Admin

Hi Admin,
My Acer is TravelMate 4740. using Phoenix SecureCore bios.
with 4MB size

Regard's
Khim
Sorry but i cant get this bios open in Phoenix Bios Editor to replace the logo Sad

Did you try using a Phoenix decompression tool and see if you can find the offset of where the logo is?

TheWiz
Hi,....

Actually I'ved try to use Bios Editor V2.2.13 but it can't be opened.
That's why I need your guys help..
:-(

it's the latest verion of Phoenix Bios

any1? Angel
I'm pretty sure because its 4MB in size. I grabbed the ROM from the manufactuer and that won't open either. I'm wondering if we could use an SLIC tool to extract?
We can but it extracts the logos with a bin extension e.g LOGO01.BIN LOGO02.BIN LOGO03.BIN etc so unless we try renaming the splash to .bin and overwriting it then getting SLIC tool to put it back together?????????
Well, I don't remember the compression format for Phoenix but if we used something like LZMA to recompress the image as a .bin, then you could find the header for it in the regular image and replace it in a hex editor.
hmmmm. I'ved try to exract Bios became several files in DUMP of the Phoenix SLIC tool,
but still can't get it open as Image file as it recognized as BIN file.
still googling and googling again ;-)

datakhim_79
Pages: 1 2