Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Editing bootsplash in .fd bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I want to change the bootsplash by myself, but my bios isnt in rom format. It has an .fd extension. Can someone please explain me how can i edit this kind of bios since mmtool reads only roms. Thanks
Many BIOS manufacturers publish their bioses with the revision # as the extension, kind of like renaming an exe to whatever you want when its still an exe. From the .fd extension it sounds like a gigabyte award bios, but a libk to the board would be helpful. If it is award though, you will need to use cbrom and not mmtool to replace the splash.

Regards,
TheWiz
Well, it is the Insyde H2O bios ver.F41 for hp pavilion dv7 2250em with .fd ext. So, should i still try with Cbrom app or?
Insyde is a special laptop BIOS that can't be opened with MMTOOL or CBROM. The only tool that c an manipulate this BIOS for changing the splashscreen is Insyde EzH20.

This guide here refers to the tool in depth, even though its for whitelisting.
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ge...nsyde-BIOS

The download for the tool is floating around, if you have trouble finding it I can post a download link.

Hope this helps, I'm happy to attempt the mod myself as well.

TheWiz
EzH20 Can also replace logos , if you post us a link to your bios and a link to the splash screen you would like we can do the mod for you Smile

Regards
Admin