Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: unlock request for Asus M3N78-VM AMI v1602
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I'd really like to get access to all the overclocking features in this bios please. I have tried Nvidia n-force and anytime i try to adjust the FSB it just says modification failed so i'm just wondering if you can find an option to enable modification so that i can unlock my AMD Phenom x2 550 Callisto to a quad core.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the bios

http://rapidshare.com/files/414876720/M3N78-VM-1602.ROM

Thanks Smile

The option you are referring to is called ACC or Turbo Core in some bioses

Unfortunately this feature is not available in your bios , nor is it hidden Sad

Sorry
Admin
(08-26-2010, 06:01 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]The option you are referring to is called ACC or Turbo Core in some bioses

Unfortunately this feature is not available in your bios , nor is it hidden Sad

Sorry
Admin

Ok, well what if i downgraded to an older version? The original version that came with the motherboard was 1307, and i read something somewhere that pre 2008 bioses had this feature. What do you think?
I have heard the same from a lot of people trying to get their core unlocker back after it was shut down. I would reccommend trying the oldest you can find, and if you do get the option we can address any updates or bug fixes that arise.

TheWiz
(08-27-2010, 06:01 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard the same from a lot of people trying to get their core unlocker back after it was shut down. I would reccommend trying the oldest you can find, and if you do get the option we can address any updates or bug fixes that arise.

TheWiz

Thank you so much. Big Grin I'll have a look around and see what i can find.
(08-28-2010, 06:43 AM)dj_predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2010, 06:01 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard the same from a lot of people trying to get their core unlocker back after it was shut down. I would reccommend trying the oldest you can find, and if you do get the option we can address any updates or bug fixes that arise.

TheWiz

Thank you so much. Big Grin I'll have a look around and see what i can find.

I got it. This is version 0505. http://asus.mydriversdownload.com/Downlo...?ID=121137&Url=http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/M3N78-VM/0505.zip
Darn the BIOS is right around the right timeframe but amidst the vast amount of overclocking options I don't see it. let me check some other things and I'll get back to you.

TheWiz
@dj_predator

hi, i 've the same setup board+ cpu and would like to unlock the two cores as well...did u succeed with that older bios u posted?

greetz
Any news on this guys?
(09-05-2010, 05:15 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Any news on this guys?

I've checked the bios with amibcp and under cpu configuration it has an option called ''AMD overclocking configuration'' so i would assume that this is what we're looking for as it's not in the 1602 version that i posted originally. I was wondering if you could kinda morph the 2 bioses together so that i would have the relevent updates, bug fixes etc. as i have a new nvidia gt240 1 gig graphics card and i'm reluctant to try the older bios as i have a feelng it won't be compatible. If you could mod the bios in that way it should do the trick.
Pages: 1 2