Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Enable VT-d support on a P5Q-E
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm using a P5Q-E in an ESX machine, and the VT-d option I'd like to use is not enabled in the asus latest bios (ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775...S-2101.zip) Angry. Enabling "Intel virtualisation tech" only enables VT-x.
My CPU supports both VT-x and VT-d, so it's a shame not to be able to use both functionalities.
Could someone enable this feature in a modded version of the asus bios?

Thanks in advance,
Felix
Sorry but there are no further hidden options in this bios Sad

Admin
Hello,
Thanks 1234s282 for the quick answer, that's unfortunately what I was wondering....
Do you think it is possible to add this feature to the existing bios a way or another? Or only ASUS could do it? Meaning this will NEVER exist?
Or maybe get a BIOS for another mobo with this enabled and tweaked?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I feel like I've been sold a Ferrari with a locked motor only able to provide 80% of what it can do...
We can definitely go that route. Please read this blog entry to give you a bit of background on this approach:

http://www.bios-mods.com/blog/?p=192

Basically uou should start by assembling a list of similar boards as described in the article and then I can take a further look Smile

Thanks,
TheWiz