Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: changing splash screen acer aspire m1641
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello to everyone new to the forum and I compliment, use the translator of google because I am Italian, I have an acer aspire m1641, I would like to know if anyone has my same computer and tried to change the Acer logo, I would like to put my name on keeping the same colors and writings, I hope you can help me, how do I know what kind of bios I have? A program that lets you see everything? Thanks a lot
Yoyu can use this tool to backup your current BIOS image. Also please tell us the desired text.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Programs...Backup.EXE

TheWiz
ok. thank you very much, I made a backup of the bios and got the file AmericanMegatrendsInc.-R01-B4.rom do I do now? I pull the image from the rom file and edit it and then rifleshare my bios with the same rom obtained by any chance? if you could direct me some guidance?
Ascolta
Trascrizione fonetica
Maybe, if your english is good enough you can adapt information from this tutorial:

How to Create Your Own BIOS-Logos

Good luck!
ok thanks a lot, now traducerò guide in Italian, but I did not understand some things, what size should my image be? thank you all for your help I will know the results just flashed
This depends on wich picture you want to change...

The different formats for Fullscreen and EPA-Boot-Logos are:
Color depth Res. (width x height) Size (KB)

Fullscreen-Boot-Logos (Splash):
16 colors 640 x 400 pixel 117
640 x 480 140
800 x 600 234

256 colors 640 x 400 pixel 251
640 x 480 301
800 x 600 469

EPA-Boot-Logos (upper right corner):
2 colors 136 x 84 pixel 1,7
136 x 126 2,5

16 colors 136 x 84 pixel 5,7
136 x 126 8,5

And if you want to edit the EPA you need to convert it before and after you worked on it!