Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: OPtiPlex 745 Bios Limits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if this is the wrong place. I am having issues with my optiplex 745, which at the end of the day, has not failed me since I got it 3 years ago.

I put a new e6400 processor in it and the multiplier is locked at 6x, I need it locked at 8x so it runs the full 2.1ghz.

Ive used crystalcpu and it will set the multiplier to 8x for about 3 seconds.. its a big deal because the old e6300 was a 1.9 @ 6x and this is only 1.6@6.

If this is the wrong place, once again sorry. And also I know this is a dell, but I actually bought it in a bundle i MADE money off of. and I upgrade to new specs

4 gigs corsair xms2-6400
AMD 5450
e6400
win7 64bit

I love this computer, and I see the speed step [enabled or disabled it still locks it at 6] working sometimes it will go to 8x.. but as [censored] as I am I NEED it to stay at 8x lol.

thanks guys

Dell have their own special format of bios so theres not a lot we can do , hopefully TheWiz may know something on this!

Admin
Sounds like an ACPI thing. Disabling Speedstep and C1E support will disable the BIOS form setting the multi lower than max. If you still aren't getting full throughput I suggest trying NVIDIA OC Tools. Because its an ACPI issue its pretty near impossible to pinpont what's pushing it back, and because its not a CPU detection issue the above suggestion is your best shot.

Thanks,
TheWiz
Hi

If I may revive this. Is it possible to mod the 2.6.6 BIOS to allow for RAM voltage selection?

I want to increase RAM voltage to 2.0 for my CL4 RAM.