Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H (Rev 3.3) F12A Gigabyte 2.1 SLIC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Request: GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev 3.3)
SLIC 2.1

Manufacturer: Gigabyte
Motherboard Model: GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev 3.3)
Bios revision: F12A
Bios Type: Award (I think?)
Bios Download Link: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIO...h_f12a.exe

Hi, I've seen mods for earlier revisions of this board, so this shouldn't be a problem... THX!
This is a New Mod as the first one I posted was stated to Not add SLIC info Properly for one user on another forum.
Gigabyte_GA-MA785GM-US2H_(Rev_3.3)_F12A_Gigabyte_SLIC_2.1_SSV3.rar (Gigabyte Cert and FlashSPI Included)
[Removed]

Flash From DOS with the Included Flashspi

Read the posts by 1234s282 to learn how to Activate Win 7 after Flashing this BIOS.
PS
Please Post Results and feel free to Donate. Smile
(09-30-2010, 05:06 PM)DMAN999 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a New Mod as the first one I posted was stated to Not add SLIC info Properly for one user on another forum.
Gigabyte_GA-MA785GM-US2H_(Rev_3.3)_F12A_Gigabyte_SLIC_2.1_SSV3.rar (Gigabyte Cert and FlashSPI Included)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hqxaii

Flash From DOS with the Included Flashspi

Read the posts by 1234s282 to learn how to Activate Win 7 after Flashing this BIOS.
PS
Please Post Results and feel free to Donate. Smile

Hi, sorry for the delay, I was having problems with the first BIOS you posted. It never got past "Verifying DMI Pool Data..." I had to restart by pressing the reset button on the front of the PC, as Ctrl+Alt+Del had no effect (system locked up). Trying different settings in the BIOS did not help.

Anyway, I am having a similar problem with the newer version you posted. It also stops at "Verifying DMI Pool Data...", but at least this time I can restart with Ctrl+Alt+Del. Not sure what's going on...

I have also switched back and forth with the official 12A BIOS and had no trouble booting with that as far as I can tell. FYI, I do not have an OS installed yet, as this is a new build. I AM booting the Server 2008 DVD just to see if it loads up, which it does with the official firmware (but obviously not with the modified ones).
This one should work for you:
Gigabyte_GA-MA785GM-US2H_(Rev_3.3)_F12A_Gigabyte_SLIC_2.1_FACS.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ftpfwk

Confirmed Working by cripplesticks

Post back and let me know.
Gigabyte changed their BIOS structure on these newer updates and we need feed back to see which method works best for each specific MB.
PS
Make sure you Flash from DOS with the Included Flashspi, @BIOS has been know to cause problems with these BIOS mods.
Another twist:

I put the official 12A BIOS back in so I could actually boot and install Server 2008 R2. Then I installed RW-Everything so I could look at the tables. Might be my imagination, but it looks like it already has SLIC 2.1 (hex reads 20 01 00 02), and the OEM reads as DELL. WTF? This is a retail mobo and the BIOS update is straight from the Gigabyte website. Can anyone else confirm this?
The Server R2 you installed must have been Pre-Activated.
The F12A Bios does NOT contain SLIC 2.1 from the Manufacturer.
You need to Uninstall whatever activator was used to allow the BIOS SLIC info to be read properly in Windows.
(10-01-2010, 05:23 PM)DMAN999 Wrote: [ -> ]This one should work for you:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ftpfwk

Post back and let me know.
Gigabyte changed their BIOS structure on these newer updates and we need feed back to see which method works best for each specific MB.
PS
Make sure you Flash from DOS with the Included Flashspi, @BIOS has been know to cause problems with these BIOS mods.

I have to try this one on Monday, but I will get back to you.

FYI, I have been using these updates with both Flashspi and Q-Flash methods, with similar results from what I can see. Q-Flash is necessary for going back to official firmware when the modified BIOS doesn't work (I use USB, as I have no floppy). Any reason why Flashspi is preferred? I have no intention of using @BIOS.
(10-01-2010, 05:36 PM)DMAN999 Wrote: [ -> ]The Server R2 you installed must have been Pre-Activated.
The F12A Bios does NOT contain SLIC 2.1 from the Manufacturer.
You need to Uninstall whatever activator was used to allow the BIOS SLIC info to be read properly in Windows.

Understood. I don't want that.
Q-Flash is fine for the factory BIOS but there have been quite a few reports of it not properly udating the BIOS with SLIC info when using a SLIC modded BIOS.
Then when the same user flashes with Flashspi and the exact same mod and SLIC 2.1 is added properly.
And as stated NEVER use @BIOS.
IT WORKS. (3rd BIOS). Thank you.

As mentioned earlier, testing with Server 2008 R2 Standard.
Thanks for the feedback.
Pages: 1 2