Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS A8R-MX/S FROM Vintage AH1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This board supposedly comes from the asus vintage ah1 and a cisnet oem system. I checked the asus support for the ah1 and i checked the cpu support list. It said it did not support the the 3800+ x2. It did say it supported the 4800 x2. I had both cpu's which are socket 939 and the 3800+ x2 booted and detected the cpu correctly. Booting the 4800+ x2 however did not post, nor was there a beep. I have the latest bios as stated on the site which is 0303. The board uses AMI bios. Can you please help me get a bios to support this 4800+ x2 and completely unlock all overclocking and tweaking options. This is exciting!!!!!!

THANKS
So i did some searching for a couple hours and came upon a special afudos229se which allows any .rom to be written so i got the latest off the asus site related to the Vintage AH1 and it worked! unlocked a ton of options in the bios, including overclocking! Only down side is it still won't boot using the 4800+ x2. I sold that 3800+ x2 i had been using, so i'm stuck with the 3800+ Single core. What's not cool right now is, i did some testing and flashed it to 0605 of the A8R-MVP and it flashed it successfully but now it won't post, but the numlock works. So i believe ez flash wants me to insert a cd-rom with the a8rmx.rom to flash it back. No problem. I just want to use this [censored] 4800+ x2!!!!! 2.4Ghz dual core that i could overclock to 2.8Ghz possibly?!? and be golden.

PS- i love messing with old sutff! My main rig is a Core i7 930, 6gb ddr3 etc :p