Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ADD AMD Phenom 8850 to Acer Aspire AX1300
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to add AMD Phenom 8850 support to Acer Aspire AX1300.
Here is a link to the factory bios.
Acer AX1300 Bios R01.B3
Any help would be great.
--bump--
please post a bios link of the same type which has the processor support and then we can attempt to perform the upgrade

Regards
Admin
(10-05-2010, 06:53 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]please post a bios link of the same type which has the processor support and then we can attempt to perform the upgrade

Regards
Admin

Thanks for the reply.

Here is a link to a Gigabyte mother board that uses the same chipset GA-M720-ES3 that supports the 8850
OK i upgraded the AMD AGESA CPU Module from v3.3.2.2 to v3.7.0.0 (Phenoms are supported in v3.7.0.0)

I also replaced the 24kb CPUCODE with the "Universal" AMD 28kb NCPUCODE which contains all the current microcodes.

In theory , the below BIOS should now fully support all Phenoms however some boards will have compatibility issues with certain CPU's due to their power consumption (TDP). I would not recommend using a 125W chip!!!

The phenom X3 8850 has a TDP power consumption of 95W so you may have issues - you are still more than welcome to try out the modded bios though. Download link is below

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20As...34s282.zip

Please Flash from a bootable DOS USB/CD/DVD/Floppy - Not Windows!!!!! - See the tutorial on this site if you dont know how to make one

Regards and good luck!

Admin
interestingly your machine appears to be also sold with a Phenom X4 9650 , which has a TDP of 95W aswell. Unless Acer are shipping the same system with different motherboards then it looks like your board can handle 95W CPU's and therefore flashing our mod should make your X3 work

To help us further , what is your current CPU?

Oh and theres a bios update from Acer , version R01-C0. however i cannot find any documentation about whats new!

My suggestion would be tell us your current cpu so we can check the TDP of it , then try our modded R01-B3 then if it doesnt work try the official R01-C0. If both of these dont work , request a mod here for R01-C0.

Regards
Admin
(10-06-2010, 07:09 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]interestingly your machine appears to be also sold with a Phenom X4 9650 , which has a TDP of 95W aswell. Unless Acer are shipping the same system with different motherboards then it looks like your board can handle 95W CPU's and therefore flashing our mod should make your X3 work

To help us further , what is your current CPU?

Oh and theres a bios update from Acer , version R01-C0. however i cannot find any documentation about whats new!

My suggestion would be tell us your current cpu so we can check the TDP of it , then try our modded R01-B3 then if it doesnt work try the official R01-C0. If both of these dont work , request a mod here for R01-C0.

Regards
Admin

Thanks, I will post my results.
According to the service manuals I have the ax1200, ax3200 and ax1300 all use the same motherboard.
Link Service Guide ax1300

Link Service Guide ax1300

Looks as though 95watts is the max.
I just received a box back from Acer and it has yet a different bios R01.B4.
I will dump and post later today.
If you can mod and post.
If you would can you mod the R01.C0 Link to R01.C0 and post Bios

If you don't mind can you send me the link to the tools you used to mod the bios. I would like to be able to mod my own in the future.

Thanks again, I will post results later today.
Well, can some one say "brick".

Oh well, it was worth a try.
Extremely sorry Sad hope you managed to recover - mod removed

I shall take a fresh look at this tomorrow morning when i am NOT about to fall asleep - modding bioses isnt something you do when your tired!! Tongue

Admin
(10-07-2010, 06:42 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Extremely sorry Sad hope you managed to recover - mod removed

I shall take a fresh look at this tomorrow morning when i am NOT about to fall asleep - modding bioses isnt something you do when your tired!! Tongue

Admin

There is no easy way to recover on theses MB's.
I will try and send it back to Acer.

Thanks for your efforts!
Can you supply me with the modding tools so I can mess around on my own a little?

Thanks again
Pages: 1 2