Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS P5GD1-VM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using ASUS P5GD1-VM mother board in my destop. When i try to see any HQ movie... The movie is lagging.... So i re installed my windows xp... same problem happens again. So i checked the Bios.. Its AMI Bios and i have version 1008.002.... i saw that in internal graphic mode select i have only two options 1mb & 8mb enabled. I dont have 16 or 32mb. I tried to update the bios from asus itself. But showing incorrect ROM. So please find me a solution for this. My system is a pre build one. So i think bios is locked by manufacturer. If want to provide my current Bios will attach it....
this is in the wrong place , moved to general discussion

secondly this doesnt sound like a bios issue!

Thirdly , this is probably a video issue - you only have 1mb or 8mb - buy a graphics card and install it into your desktop. Use the graphics card instead of the integrated graphics and that should sort the problem with lagging movies , so long as your CPU is capable (What CPU do you have?)
(10-06-2010, 07:27 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]this is in the wrong place , moved to general discussion

Thirdly , this is probably a video issue - you only have 1mb or 8mb - buy a graphics card and install it into your desktop. Use the graphics card instead of the integrated graphics and that should sort the problem with lagging movies , so long as your CPU is capable (What CPU do you have?)

yes i tried that option also.... i installed a 256mb ATI Radeon graphics card. i installed the driver. i checked the graphic adapter it is showing this graphic card. But still the same problem is there.... again the HQ clips are lagging. and in the bios only 8mb is showing. and there also two options in bios like fixed graphic memory size and DVMT graphic memory size. there i saw 3 or 4 options upto 256mb. i saved that settings also... but the problem still thre...
(10-06-2010, 07:52 AM)jainjoe14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2010, 07:27 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]this is in the wrong place , moved to general discussion

yes i tried that option also.... i installed a 256mb ATI Radeon graphics card. i installed the driver. i checked the graphic adapter it is showing this graphic card. But still the same problem is there.... again the HQ clips are lagging. and in the bios only 8mb is showing. and there also two options in bios like fixed graphic memory size and DVMT graphic memory size. there i saw 3 or 4 options upto 256mb. i saved that settings also... but the problem still thre...
my cpu is Intel pentium 4, with 3 Ghz speed.