Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Insyde BIOS Recovery, Beep Codes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I migrated a relatives HP DV7t-1000 to Win7, and went to flash the BIOS and the InsydeFlash utility's status bar seemed to complete (wasn't watching too closely) and then the system shutdown. Upon reboot I get lights, fan, optical activity but a black screen. So after some searching I found the Insyde Recovery procedure detailed here, and while it reads the flash drive (quits the search beep), and shows some activity it soon goes into a string of beeps which sound like BIOS beep codes, and then the system shuts down. From the tutorial here it seems that some beeps are normal when it's writing the file, except I still have a black screen upon restart. So I'm wondering if there exists error code sequence during the recovery procedure?, and if so if anybody knows of a legend to decipher them. After it reads for ~5 seconds it then seems to beep 2-1-14 or 2-15 before shutting down.

Also the other thing I realized when trying find to what little information exists on Insyde BIOSes, and this particular laptop, is that there are multiple BIOSes from HP and sometimes the Insyde Utility chooses the wrong one. I happened to write down the before (30F4 F.21) and after (30F3 F.2C) from the flash utility, it seems it may have chosen the BIOS for a different GPU option (supposedly the reason for the multiple BIOS versions), this laptop has the discrete 9600M GS/GT option.

One other thing I noticed is the CRISIS recovery disk being mentioned in hand with Insyde BIOS recovery. Is this a viable alternative recovery option for Insyde, they do list "Crisis Recovery" in their literature on their site. If so could someone please enumerate the proper naming procedures (.wph or other) when using that tool for Insyde.

Anyhow, I am at a loss since there seems to be so little information about Insyde BIOSes, nobody that services them besides the OEM's, and HP Technical was not willing to divulge any useful information so I could self troubleshoot.

So if anybody has any knowledge of Insyde BIOSes and beep codes, or has any suggestions on trying to get this thing re-flashed since it seems the boot/repair block is still intact, or knows of someone who offers repairs services for Insyde it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!.

Regards.