Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Wrong Bios and Vid only running at 8x 1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I think that I have tried about everything that I can think of. I have a DFI Lanparty DR 790gx board. Somehow it has the Lanparty JR 790gx bios on it.
I really like this board and have order a new one due to my frustration (Not a DFI), but for what ever reason the awdflash will not let me flash it to the correct bios. I have tried every possible combination of triggers and tricks and nothing works. I have tried to contact DFI to get the problem resolved only to find out that they are a bunch of morons (Sorry I am not going to sugar coat it!) Basically because I have the wrong Bios my new 470 is only running at 8x 1.1 speeds.

What I would like to know...
1st - Awdflash checks the old bios vs the new one, how to I force it not to do that?
2nd - Is it possible to find or create a custom bios so that I can then reflash to the correct bios?

Current setup:
DFI Lanparty DK 790gk
4 gig DDR2 1066 kingston
AMD phenom 2 965
650 w power supply
4 36 gig Raptors Raid 0
Nvidia 470

I can answer the 1st - if you add /f to the commandline it is "f"orced to flash...
These are the commandline switches I use:

Without backing up the current BIOS: awdflash.exe newbios.bin /py /sn /cc /cp /cd /sb /r
With a backup of the current BIOS: awdflash.exe newbios.bin oldbios.bin /py /sy /cc /cp /cd /sb /r
I have tried the /f and every other combination of stings to get the bios to flash.
Too bad really cause DFI I thought made a good Mobo

Edit: When it tries to flash it says "The program file's part number does not match with your system!"
I have googled this and have not found anything that would override this statement
It's been quite a while since I had a mobo with Award, but if I remember correctly, you could flash any bios using the Winflash util. eSupport don't host it anynmore, but luckily I've got a copy preserved: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3338100/6a61hpah_n_winflash.rar

Note: Please IGNORE the included bios image (6a61hpah.bin).
(10-20-2010, 01:28 PM)presola Wrote: [ -> ]It's been quite a while since I had a mobo with Award, but if I remember correctly, you could flash any bios using the Winflash util. eSupport don't host it anynmore, but luckily I've got a copy preserved: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3338100/6a61hpah_n_winflash.rar

Note: Please IGNORE the included bios image (6a61hpah.bin).
I got winxp and tried winflash and it didn't work there either... I will try this aain though!

Okay... I tried winflash again and it said "The file's BIOS-Lock string does not match with you system!!"
Good News! I was able to rewrite the bios (a bit) and wrote it so that it would not check which bios I had or not.
I was able to complete the flash and now it works like a champ!
Nice work! Did you just change strings or what?

TheWiz