Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Precision 470
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Afternoon

I have a Dell Precision 470. Its had 2 processor sockets with mobo: OP7996 and bios Dell Phoenix A07.

I connected Dells Technical Support Forum to check if I could upgrade my CPU's. They confirmed that I could install a matching pair of "Paxville" Intel Xeon DuelCore 2.8Ghz/4Mb/SL8MA processors. Managed to source a pair but when I installed them I got the message "Incompatable Processors " as soon as I powered on my system. Is there any way of modifying the bios to enable me to use these processors.

I have attached the bios file. If you need any more info please ask. Thanks for any help in this matter.
im sorry but not a lot can be done with Dell bioses because they use their own unique format - we cannot open them for modding Sad

Sorry
Admin
No problems. Thanks for replying.Wink

(10-22-2010, 08:47 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]im sorry but not a lot can be done with Dell bioses because they use their own unique format - we cannot open them for modding Sad

Sorry
Admin