Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: AMIBOOT.ROM Fash Drive Format?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what format and attributes does the amiboot.rom file and the flash drive have to have?

do i use fat32 or fat bootable or not bootable

ive looked hard all over the internet and noone goes into details about which format to use and which attributes need to be set for it to work
(10-23-2010, 12:25 PM)marcusj0016 Wrote: [ -> ]what format and attributes does the amiboot.rom file and the flash drive have to have?

ive looked hard all over the internet and noone goes into details about which format to use and which attributes need to be set for it to work

Amiboot.rom is for recovering from a bad flash just fomat a floopy and copy it on the disk and on power up hold ctrl+home and the flopy will light up 4 beeps and you are done or it will reboot fat on usb stick
(10-23-2010, 09:14 PM)Brainsuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2010, 12:25 PM)marcusj0016 Wrote: [ -> ]what format and attributes does the amiboot.rom file and the flash drive have to have?

ive looked hard all over the INTERNET and no one goes into details about which format to use and which attributes need to be set for it to work

Amiboot.ROM is for recovering from a bad flash just format a floppy and copy it on the disk and on power up hold ctrl+home and the floppy will light up 4 beeps and you are done or it will reboot fat on usb stick

OK thank you!

fat not fat32 right? that wasn't a typo?

and should the usb stick be bootable or not bootable???

thanks for at least answering the question!