Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire T180 (MCP61SM-AM): new CPU support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
hi, i've been using this machine for a few years now, I have a athlon x2 6000+ 3ghz cpu installed, i've been reading that phenom cpu's are backwards compatible with AM2 boards, so my question is would a phenom II 940 cpu work on my board? nVIDIA nForce 6100-4xx (MCP61) / Motherboard ID 06/15/2007-MCP61M-AM-6A61KE11C-00 / Product EM61SM/EM61PM

oh and is sisoft sandra correct in reading the maximum supported ram for my machine as 16gb? i've been thinking about getting an extra 4gb to bring it upto 8.
You can definitely bring it up to 8GB. Go to the unlocked section for this board on the site and grab the latest fully unlocked BIOS for this board. I "believe" that the acer models can handle Phenom I that are LOW wattage (95W and under) but the same BIOS that we use for this board can boot phenom on the Aspire 380 so you have good chances.

TheWiz
(10-24-2010, 05:53 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]You can definitely bring it up to 8GB. Go to the unlocked section for this board on the site and grab the latest fully unlocked BIOS for this board. I "believe" that the acer models can handle Phenom I that are LOW wattage (95W and under) but the same BIOS that we use for this board can boot phenom on the Aspire 380 so you have good chances.

TheWiz

Thanks, instead of trying a phenom, I will try and get a 6400+.
Wait! The 6400+ has a TDP of 125W I believe. This WILL cause damage to your motherboard, so b sure to stay under 95W. Also, we reccomend the modded bios in the Acer forum for this board

Thanks,
TheWiz
(10-25-2010, 05:29 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Wait! The 6400+ has a TDP of 125W I believe. This WILL cause damage to your motherboard, so b sure to stay under 95W. Also, we reccomend the modded bios in the Acer forum for this board

Thanks,
TheWiz

hi, how would I stay under 95W? btw I don't have the mobo in the original t180 case (eeww) I have it in an antec 300 case with a 650w psu and 5 case fans.
oh and I'm already using the unlocked bios, since a week or so.

edit, i've just done some quick googling and several websites say that the 6000+ which is what I have atm has a TDP of 125W, but i've had no issues with it.
So you are lucky...
We have had several issues with the TDP and so during testings!
(10-29-2010, 12:40 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]So you are lucky...
We have had several issues with the TDP and so during testings!

served me well this old thing.
installed a 6400+ this afternoon, working great so far.
the 6000+ & the 6400+ have a tdp of up to 125W.
Wow that is really quite interesting. can we see a CPU-Z screenshot please?

Thanks,
TheWiz
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6