Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire T180 (MCP61SM-AM): new CPU support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello, and thanks for your good job.

I have tried the bios Acer Aspire T180 With OC 1234s282 and it runs good with the MCP61M-AM mother board equipped with a 5000+ Brisbane. I uses 226 MHz FSB with Super Talent Dram 800MHz running at 840MHz. (2x1GB but all other rams I have tried fail the POST ram test).
What is the difference with the ABIT bios?
Is it possible to use a 4 core processor like Phenom?
I have searched in this forum, and response is not so clear.

Thanks.
Yeah, old board, and there are already a number of threads about it. But I was wondering if a BIOS could be made to support Phenom II x4 905e for it? TheWhiz got a Phenom II x4 910 to work on his MCP61PM-HM Nettle board. (here http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/intr...p?S_ID=370) Could the same thing work for mine as they have the same nforce 430 chipset?
hi

i was wondering if it could be possible to do bios flash or something like that to be able to support a quad core for acer aspire

i dont have the rig in front of me at the moment. but ive sen a good amount about the aspire on the forums here.

but nothing leading to a maybe supportable quad core mod.

just curiouse if that could be possible since it has an am2/am2+ socket

im new at this so please excuse any slight ingorance and or stupidity on my part
Hi guys, looking for some help here, I just got the amd athlon 6000 in the mail today and i have the unlocked bios with oc for my board (mcp61sm-am), presently i have the 4600 cpu overclocked to 2.6ghz but i want to use my new cpu if it will work, I tried swapping the 6000 for the 4600(cleared cmos) and it was a no go......black screen, no beeps, bios wouldn't post so i swapped the cpus back and upgraded the bios to the locked original from acer.....swapped again, still nothing. Ive been reading on here that the abit_unlocked works with these boards and the foxconn also, i haven't tried the foxconn yet but have tried the abit flashing through dos but it errors saying no signature file found. I had found the wph file before that was with it but cannot find it now.....it's just the bin file with the download from the repos, could someone tell me if the 6000 was confirmed working with this board and help me find the wph file that TheWiz had originally posted please, I'd be very grateful for any help. Thanks in advance. Smile

Dan
okay.....i made a boo-boo, i was trying to flash with the wrong utility.....i got the 6000 working using the abit bios but my fan is going wide open(even with the 4600 it was), anyone know how to fix that?
Got it all sorted guys......i had the fan connected to the system fan....not the cpu fan pins, thanks for all your knowledge on this forum, i've got a not bad system now.....happy as a clam Smile, happy new year!!!!
Well guys I guess I spoke too soon.......I never realized I ordered the 125 watt 6000 instead of the 89 watt one and this board only supports up to 95 watts. I did buy an aftermarket cooler but haven't installed it yet. Is it safe to use this cpu if I undervolt it and use my aftermarket cooler?....this would be temporary only for a week until the 89 watt one arrives or should I not chance it?
Well I have this computer for a while... 

Its an old Acer T180 with the MCP61PM board.  Ive already found the abit bios mod.   Havent done it yet.   Before I found this forum I had already thrown in an Athlon 5200+ windsor 4gb of ram (2 were supposed to be dual speed 667/800 and 2 are 800 but 2 only seem to run 667... Dram freq is 326mhz) as well as a 600w bronze power supply and a 6700 series video card.    Ive also already put 2 new case fans in the computer.   

So heres the actual question.   I was wanting to drop in a 7750 Black am2+ cpu.    Any idea if it will work with the bios mod?  Can get one so cheap its honestly worth the shot. 

And on another question Ive seen the max ram for this board is 4gb.   But seen a couple of times people reporting they have managed to run 8gb on it.  Any confirmation to this? 

Thanks
Rich
I don't believe the 7750 is going to work out in this board - I was never able to get the AM2+ stuff to behave on this chipset properly.

I did get 8GB working on the HP version of this motherboard - I can't think of what would be keeping you from doing this. 4x2GB was a supported configuration on the Nettle2 I believe - ABIT BIOS should also support it. I haven't tested the T180 edition though so am not 100% positive, but the RAM upgrade seems doable, CPU not so much.

Hope this helps.

TheWiz
I can pick up the 6400+ 125w though oddly its double the price. My ram sticks are only 1gb each. Can grab some 2gb sticks though

Is grabbing the 6400+ worth it over the 5200 windsor?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6