Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire M3100 Upgrade CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can i mod my Bios to run an am3 processor. It currently has an am2 in it. my computer is the acer aspire m3100. my bios is phoenis technologies, LTD, version 6.00 PG. my motherboard is f690gvm

please, can someone tell me something? do i need other information.
i have an amd athlon 64 x2 4400+, i want to wsitch to a amd athlon 64 x2 6000+. they both are am2. The new one needs appr. 33 move watts of power. Can i just pop it in my pc and use it, or do i have to mod my bios to allow it to run. i have enough extra power in my computer for it.
Please give us the make and model of your computer / motherboard so we can research whether a bios mod will be required or not.

A link to download the latest bios for your motherboard would also be appreciated

Thanks
Admin
(10-29-2010, 08:48 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Please give us the make and model of your computer / motherboard so we can research whether a bios mod will be required or not.

A link to download the latest bios for your motherboard would also be appreciated

Thanks
Admin

acer aspire m3100 motherboard is a phoneix version 6.00. that is all i can tell you untill i get beck to my house witch will be tomorrow
A search may help:

Thread 1
(10-30-2010, 03:45 PM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]A search may help:

Thread 1

my compter specs are in the attachment i used cpuid an took a screenshot
system product name: aspire m3100
System s/n: pts880x04073707ae92700
Main Boar Id: f69ogvm
smbios version: 2.4
system bios version: 6.00 pg
system bios ID: rol-a1
bios release date: 06/25/2007

i want to know if i can run an am3 proccessor in my motherboard, if there is any other info i need to get please let me know.
a link to a bios download may help us identify whether we could try a bios mod to add support

Thanks
Admin
ok, so where could i get a link for my bios. How would i search for it. im really new to the whole bios thing.

thankyou
1234s282, You already worked on two versions of this boards BIOS...

BIOS R01-A3 modded

BIOS R01-B2 modded

Max, You will find the BIOS on ACER's support-site when it is there.
But I think you can see (same as me) that
there
is actualy only a message:
Updating an incorrect BIOS may cause harm to your system. We recomend that you only do this after being instructed by one of our Customer Care representatives. By using these updates you agree to accept the possibility of product failure.
Pages: 1 2