Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Support for Sempron 145 for ASRock N61P-S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm kinda afraid to try to update AGESA. I don't have another chip in case something goes really wrong. Almost all of the bios I was able to find that support more AM3 cpus are 1024kb compared to N61P-S that is only 512kb (this can be a problem). Replacing the entire Single Link Arch BIOS with one from another motherboard (with same chipset that has a newer AGESA) may or may not work (my bet is that is not really going to work). I will look a bit tommorrow to see how much it changes from one version to another and from one mb to another (same chipset, also looking and some other mb from ASRock (maybe there is something that they always use...) )

So far it looks stable:

[Image: prime95.th.jpg]
yes , replacing the entire 1b module is probably not a good idea , we need to figure out the exact length of the AGESA and then carefully attempt to replace it with the AGESA out of another bios but its not easy!
Does it have to be the same chipset with these AMI's?
probably a good idea

Would appreciate any progress you make , ive been trying but im rather preoccupied Tongue

Admin
AMD Wrote:AGESA does not determine compatibility with the processor. This is on the BIOS due to the CPUID string.

So far no progress.

L.E. Without another bios chip I will not be able to do any progress. No idea when I will get one (kinda hard to find bios chips in Romania... probably it will be easier to just buy a broken N61P-S and just use the bios chip from it)
Splitting 1B in pieces had some strange results... (I doubt it splitted right).
Without flashing the bios I will not know if something works or not (better said to start with 1.40 bios and to change 3 pieces in it from 1.50 and see if it works or not). Of course there is an insanly high chance of breaking it (I estimate that the chances of breaking is over 90%).

I discovered something really strange, AM2NF3-VSTA has AGESA 3.3.2.0 (both bios references to AGESA say 3.3.2.0) in the latest bios (same as N61P-S) and support Sempron 140 (official support). Cause the latest bios of AM2NF3-VSTA has official support for Sempron 140 I think it will display the right name of this cpu, also it has AGESA 3.3.2.0 (i believe that if they updated AGESA there should had been another number there at least, at the last number). This raised me a big question: How it knows the right name to display?!? (The name looks to be made by 2 parts: Athlon™ 64 x2 Dual Core Processor & 4000+ (I'm on my pc now, but I have no idea how bios display 4000+) )
Hmmm, this is all interesting work. I think 1234s282 is right though, you would have to split the SLAB and update the AGESA and rebuild it (which we do have to tools to do) but I'm not sure what 1234s282 meant by the size.
lol sorry Wiz

i meant we would have to work out the length of the AGESA module within the 1B module Tongue
Is there a way to recalculate the checksum so that different sizes can be used?
After some flames on one of the asrock forums (seams I had to do it) I received a bios that display the right name for my Sempron 145.

[attachment=1491]

Quote:Note: You must type "/n" to flash BIOS L1.61.

I bet there will not be a new bios update on the official Asrock site for this motherboard dispate the fact they did something for me.

So far no problems with it in my father pc. No idea if this bios support also other cpus or not.
Interesting , il compare that bios with the other and see what they did! Big Grin

Admin
Pages: 1 2 3