Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus Striker II Extreme 1402
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there,

I would like to request a SLIC mod for the Asus Striker II Extreme motherboard, BIOS version 1402. I'm using Win7 Ultimate 64-bit if that helps. I understand there is a back log of requests. If it's easier just point me to a tutorial on how to do it and I'll crack on with it (a month ago I think there was a guide on the forum but for the life in me I can't find it again).
Also I've noticed you use HP SLICs a lot. Is there any difference between them and the ASUS SLICs

Regards,

Shuriken

BIOS download:
PHP Code:
https://rapidshare.com/files/429439171/1402.zip 
Asus_Striker_II_Extreme_1402_ASUS_SLIC_2.1_Pubkey.rar
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l1f2xj
Thanks. I haven't used it yet but will let you know when I do.
I'm going to use this tomorrow. But I have two questions.

I plan to format my computer and re-install windows but I currently use a loader. I just wish to double check that formatting will erase the old boot sectors in case the soft mod leaves anything behind when I uninstall it.

Also I assume I place the license somewhere and use my own OEM key?
Yes Formatting will remove the Boot Files.

To install the Cert and the ASUS OEM SLP Key (you can write down the Asus OEM Key from the Loader) follow these steps:
F-a. Install a certificate
Manually install a certificate
1.First, be sure to have SLIC 2.1 in your BIOS (you can use the SLIC DUMP ToolKit to check its presence).
2.Use the Certificate Included in the Mod .rar file
3.Put in C:\ the certificate that belong to your SLIC's brand.
4.Type cmd in Start menu.
5.Right-click on the first result (cmd.exe) and click on Run as administrator (confirm by clicking Yes if required).
6.Type (Important: Replace "NAME" with the name of your certificate)
Code:
slmgr -ilc C:\NAME.xrm-ms.
Press ENTER and wait until a message confirms that the certificate has been correctly installed.
Note: Change C by the letter of your Windows 7's partition.

F-b. Install a key
Manually install a key
1.Type cmd in Start menu.
2.Right-click on the first result (cmd.exe) and click on Run as administrator (confirm by clicking Yes if required).
3.Type (Important: Replace the XXXXX with a valid OEM SLP product key)
Code:
slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX4.
Press ENTER and wait until a message confirms that the key has been correctly installed.
The BIOS itself works. Haven't confirmed yet whether the rest of it does (certificate etc).

I hate to sound dumb but as you know sometimes with things like this a single missed step can cause you to start from scratch. I have flashed and I have installed the certificate. During install I inputted the key. Is it safe to assume that inputting it there is the same as via the slmgr?
During Install you probably used a Retail or MAK Key, which is NOT the same as an OEM Key.
If so you need to install an OEM key so the BIOS Mod will properly Activate Win 7.
I understand what you're saying. If I used a retail disc it'll only accept retail keys. But surprisingly it accepted the key from the loader. Either I have an odd retail disc or the loader is not using a retail key. I'll PM you the key because I think it might be a volume key.

Thank you for all your help and the trouble I've put you through.

EDIT: I was setting up the rest of my system and I noticed in System properties it was activated and the ID contained OEM.
^ Actually The Retail Disk and the OEM Disk are almost identical (either can be activated with OEM, Retail or MAK Keys).
I just figured that you used a Retail or MAK key when you first installed it.
Once again thank you for your help DMAN. I've already rated your posts if there's anything else I can do to help let me know.
Pages: 1 2