Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
In the support list of M2N32-SLI Deluxe, 955 is not listed, not even the 95W non BE. I've read countless times of AM2 boards not supporting 955 BE only running a 4x Multplier in BIOS, which at best could only be set to a high value via software from Windows.
But recently, the 5001 BIOS for M2N-E supports even up to X4 970 BE, while support for other Deneb-CPUs, 95W and 125W, C2-stepping or C3, needs either BIOS 3001 or 5001, too. While M2N-SLI Deluxe ist only listed with support up to 955 C3 95W and both M2N32-SLI boards with even less, one could speculate that 500x BIOS support all the latest X4 BEs. However, it would be wise to let someone here on the board look up the CPU-support in the BIOS for you before you buy any CPUs.
That was the sort of conclusion I was coming too but without someone to confirm it to me I havent wanted to buy anything. I think I have some confusion on the processors as well. So is there a Phenom II x4 955 95w non black edition as well as a Phenom II x4 955 125w black edition. If it will support the 955 non BE and not the 955 BE I might as well avoid all the trouble and go with a 945 95w and do some slight overclocking to reach the 3.2ghz mark. The reason I was interested in the 955 BE was to do some overclocking with it.

According to the supported cpu list from amd for the m2n sli board the 95w 955 non BE is supported. And according to what I guess is a modified bios on here, the 955 125w BE is supported on the m2n sli board. I realize they are different boards but I was just making sure I have everything straight. Having a 955 BE would be great and they are supposed to be good overclockers but I dont want to have to mess with work arounds. If some one can confirm or deny there working for me( I have heard a lot of things both ways) that would be awesome.

What you guys do here is awesome btw.
Overclocking a Deneb on AM2 will be risky for the board either way.
At least here in Germany, the 955 95W was never available and was only seen in roadmaps and such, like all 95W Thubans. We do have a 955 125W nonBE available recently. So the best one could buy here if the board couldn't handle 125W, like we all thought AM2 couldn't in general, was the 945 C3. Thus I don't know how a 955 BE overclocks on AM2, if it even works, neither if you can overclock the 945 via HTT.
Interesting point and something I had thought about was that they may not overclock well on an am2 board due to the fact that the boards arent really meant to handle it. It would be something I am willing to try, but I figure it wouldnt work well if the cpu doesnt work well to begin with on the board. I think what I am realizing is that people who are using the 955 are running the 95w non BE version, which did come out for a little while in america. Im thinking I will just go ahead with the 945 as it is supported as is.

Thanks for all your help and quick response.
Has anyone tried the Phenom II 960T BE, either with the modded BIOS or with the beta 5002? I've got one and before I tear my rig apart to try it I thought I'd ask. Tongue
(01-02-2012, 09:38 PM)temporalshadows Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone tried the Phenom II 960T BE, either with the modded BIOS or with the beta 5002? I've got one and before I tear my rig apart to try it I thought I'd ask. Tongue

I've bought a Phenom II 960T and I was trying to run with M2N32 SLI DELUXE. I didnt succeeded at all. I don't know why, but I tried several times with this processor and nothing happens. Nothing. Keyboard, Video, nothing, no alarms, completely dead. I'm using Bios 5200.

When I change back the old processor it works accordingly. Im almost giving up Sad

Any ideas or help?

Thanks

BR.
(12-28-2010, 07:55 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Keyzer,

It's great to ehar the CPU was properly detected. These symptoms are very common to the initial testing done on the M2N-SLI-DELUXE. Did you happen to notice by chance if the reported RAM showed up as 128MB. If so, we have the same issue reported in earlier testing.

TheWiz

Hello all

My 1st post here, just to report that happened to me, bios flashed ok, but 128MB thing.

Be well...
Hi all,

I've made a BIOS mod of the latest M2N32-SLI Deluxe 5002 BIOS.
[attachment=4870]

I've added the following:

1) Latest version of MediaShield ROM BIOS (NVRAID.ROM) - 10.0.0.38 RPT;

2) Latest version of NVIDIA Boot Agent (NVPXES.NIC) - 277.0547;

3) Latest version of Silicon Image SiI3132 Host Controller (7703.BIN) - 7.7.03.

I've removed the following, due to space limitation in the BIOS file:

1) The Japanese language file - GROUP ROM[11] - _JP_CODE.BIN.

If someone has a spare BIOS chip and can TEST this BIOS I'll be very grateful.

Regards,
mswg
(01-06-2013, 08:02 AM)mswg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I've made a BIOS mod of the latest M2N32-SLI Deluxe 5002 BIOS.

If someone has a spare BIOS chip and can TEST this BIOS I'll be very grateful.

Regards,
mswg

plan too test this as soon as i get my nano flasher "just in case" Smile
Hi all,

I've made a BIOS mod (v3) of the latest M2N32-SLI Deluxe 5002 BIOS.
[attachment=6948]

4) Latest found compatible version of AGESA (AGESACPU.ROM) - 3.7.0.0

5) Latest found compatible NCPUCODE (NCPUCODE.BIN)

6) A compatible found MEMINIT module (MEMINIT.BIN)

BIOS tested - Working.

Please note, you must use an original AWARD flash tool AWDFLASH with the 'cd - Clear DMI Data After Programming', the 'cc - Clear CMOS Data After Programming' and the 'cp - Clear PnP(ESCD) Data After Programming' switches enabled for the flash process to go correctly!

Regards,
mswg

p.s.: It's always a good idea to have a spare BIOS chip if something goes wrong!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11