Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hello ! Has anyone tested this mod the BIOS to work with six-core processors?
Hello,

When I returned from holiday, I realised my old ASUS mobo doesnt work anymore, so I bought ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe, installed latest BETA BIOS, which should support  AM3 CPUs, but my PC doesnt POST. Just blackscreen. After I looked for supported CPUs for this board, I realised, that all CPUs from Athlon II X3 lineup are supported, with exception of mine.

I would like to ask, if someone could make BIOS with updated microcode.
Materials: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3bA26...mM0R3FDRzg (Screens from CPU-Z, BIOS I would like to update, photo of my CPU).

my CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 RANA
I am sorry for making screens with 1701 BIOS instead of beta 5001, hope it doesnt matter.

Thanks for help !
This BIOS (5001) has required microcode: version - 0xB6, date - 07/31/2009.
But with AGESA version 3.3.2.7, but your CPU (ADX450WFK32GM) officially requires version 3.7.0.0.
Replacing AGESA in BIOS is dangerous!
Can you be more exact ? Is it possible to make it work ? On previous board (ASUS M2AVM) was not supported too, but it worked like a charm. With BETA BIOS board even identified CPU.
I think it's possible. But in bad case you'll receive the dead motherboard.
But I would be able to use CrashFree, wouldnt I ? I think, that I am willing to take a risk, because the difference between my 450 and Supported 445 Athlon is only 100MhZ, so why the heck didnt ASUS add support ?
Can you manually ran CrashFree with "good" BIOS?
I dont think that its possible. Crashfree enables itself when it detects "Bad BIOS Checksum". I can use EZFlash with "good" BIOS.
So you can't use CrashFree for BIOS mod with right checksum. And you can't use EZFlash if motherboard will not boot at all.
From what I know, ff BIOS is faulty, CrashFree triggers EZFlash, if I am not mistaken (correct me please if I am). Thats why you cannot use Crashfree with right checksum, because it makes no sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11