Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Veriton 6900Pro Virtualization and Sata Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good day geeks, i have a frustrating situation here. I have an Acer Veriton 6900 Pro with bios version R03-A4, CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4400. The cpu supports Virtualization but the Bios is not giving me any options for virtualization, i checked the user guide from Acer, it says there is a virtualization option and advanced Sata Option, all these are not available in my bios option. I need this to practice Bare metal installation of Virtualization software (Vmware esxi,Proxmox,Citrix Xenserver, Hyper V 2008)--all of them will only work effectively with Virtualization support in the Bios. i don't have cash to even buy a Bios upgrade (from biosagnetplus) not to talk of getting a system that supports all these options.
Please any help will be appreciated. Am counting on you guys, please help me out. Acer could be funny and am surprised.

Thanks
Please post a download link to the bios !

Thanks
Admin
Your bios already has the open for virtualization under advanced >> cpu feature >>

If you cant see this open then try pressing Ctrl Home , Ctrl F1 or Ctrl F9 when in the bios because sometimes this key combination is required in order to display advanced settings!

There were a couple of useful things hidden which ive unlocked incluiding the option to change the cpu fsb (ie overclocking)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20Ve...282.zipTry at your own risk though!

Regards
Admin
Well i tried the above key combinations, still i can't see anything on Virtualization under advanced settings>> cpu feature. May be i should try to flash the bios again with HP boot disk with the DOS version. By the way did u see any SATA options, because those are also part of what i need. Which version of the Bios did you modify or can ACer be doing something funny here? (but i don't think so)
I dont recall seeing any SATA options , i unlocked most things in there except for the power management hidden bits (because we have found that they can really corrupt the bios if unlocked so i left them)

i modified version R01-B1

Try flashing through DOS Smile

good luck

Admin
Tried flashing my bios, the system is down after flashing, can't boot again. Well i think it was worth a try. I don't knowif there is any way to reprogramme Acer veriton. If there is a way out, please let me, if not then i take it as one of those things, it's just i have been day dreaming about Virtualization and i don't seem to get people around me that are as excited about it (from Nigeria). Any way for now i have brought an old Dell system with 2Gb Ram and have installed VirtuaBox on it to run Vyatta, but nothing can be compared to running Level 1 Hyper-visors. I know one day will come when i will have the right hard ware to pull this off without reprogramming the flash.

Thanks man for at least trying, everything is about Risk. I guess it is too risky no to take a risk
Follow our recovery guides here:

www.bios-mods.com/biosrecovery.html

I also have an unlocked R03-A4 version of the bios for this machine http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20Ve...34s282.zip if you want to try that?

Admin