Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: bios option on my pc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone tell me what this setting is and what it can be used for in my bios pls

cpu host / pciex / pci

any help would be great
At a stretch is classed as overclocking , you can use this to increase your CPU clock frequency. The speed of your CPU is determined by the multiplier (which is not changeable unless its an AMD Black Edition or Intel Extreme Edition CPU) multiplied by the frequency to give CPU speed.

Therefore when frequency goes up , sodoes the cpu speed

however , you have to be careful , as raising this amount increases the heat generated and if you go too far the computer wont boot (so dont try doubling the clock speed!) Use SMALL INCREMENTS

Good Luck!

Admin
(11-14-2010, 03:02 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]At a stretch is classed as overclocking , you can use this to increase your CPU clock frequency. The speed of your CPU is determined by the multiplier (which is not changeable unless its an AMD Black Edition or Intel Extreme Edition CPU) multiplied by the frequency to give CPU speed.

Therefore when frequency goes up , sodoes the cpu speed

however , you have to be careful , as raising this amount increases the heat generated and if you go too far the computer wont boot (so dont try doubling the clock speed!) Use SMALL INCREMENTS

Good Luck!

Admin

Thanks reply this is a help...Smile Is there any chance you explain what I could risk trying if I show you what options are available in this bios option