Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: CarPC Custom BIOS splash screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

1st post so please be gentle with me.......

I have installed an NEC Powermate VL5 slim in a MINI COOPER S!
That was quite a task in itself!

Now I would like to get rid of the nasty NEC boot splash screen and replace it with a nice MINI one instead!

I have already downloaded latest BIOS from NEC and hacked it with MODBIN6 to give me additional features, copy attached.

And created the new splash screen, again attached.

BUT I can't work out how to get the MINI logo into the BIOS file.
I have searched.........

Very Many Thanks In Advance for any help.

Cheers

Chris
unfortunately the splash logo is too big! this bios doesnt have many components to remove either and theres only 10kb of free space in the bios image , while the provided logo is 302kb!
(11-17-2010, 07:31 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]unfortunately the splash logo is too big! this bios doesnt have many components to remove either and theres only 10kb of free space in the bios image , while the provided logo is 302kb!

OK yes I see, obvious realy.........
How about this one them, smallest file size with correct image size I can do?
Do you think this is a full BIOS or just the bits that got updated?

Cheers

Chris

I honestly am not sure what you mean by a FULL bios? This is a working bios , therfore must be what your referring to as full.

The only thing i can think of to try would be to remove the LAN rom from the bios - this would mean that LAN wouldnt work but would create enough space for splash image. And im guessing because its a car pc you arent using LAN anyway?

Let me know if you want me to go ahead

Regards
Admin
Yes Please, I do not use LAN...........

Many Thanks!

Cheers

Chris
Ok , try at your own risk! LAN removed and Splash added Smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/W6792MOD%...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
Thank you very much....

Will give it a go onec I have sorted out my new 7" in dash LCD.

Cheers

Chris
Hello all,

I have a question , sorry for my bad english.

I think my question fits to this thread. Because need for a carpc ;D

The POST Message is now a white text on a black background like this pic :
[Image: post.jpg]

And I want to clear the message, to become only a black screen, without any text. Can I put the text color to black ? I have seen in my BIOS Imagefile with MODBIN6 that are on feature named "Post default color = 0" and "Setup default color = 0".
Are this the feature that i need ? and what number must i enter for a black
text on a black background ?

Thanks for your answer,

(11-24-2010, 01:23 PM)orki Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I have a question , sorry for my bad english.

I think my question fits to this thread. Because need for a carpc ;D

The POST Message is now a white text on a black background like this pic :
[Image: post.jpg]

And I want to clear the message, to become only a black screen, without any text. Can I put the text color to black ? I have seen in my BIOS Imagefile with MODBIN6 that are on feature named "Post default color = 0" and "Setup default color = 0".
Are this the feature that i need ? and what number must i enter for a black
text on a black background ?

Thanks for your answer,

Please make a new thread Smile however in theory if i insert a blank black splash screen this will do the same thing Smile Make a new post with a download link to your bios and we will see what we can do Big Grin

Admin