Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help with Changing Boot Splash on Insyde BIOS for DV3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a heck of a time doing this and this seems to be a good place to get answers. I have downloaded and flashed a BIOS that will bypass the WiFi whitelist in my OEM BIOS (Kingnoob BIOS for HP DV3 series if anyone is familiar). It also added a custom boot splash with a Japanese character that says 'Custom Firmware.' I am making a triple-boot system so I wanted to create my own boot splash screen, but I'm having trouble. Here's what I've tried so far:

Used EzH2O to load the .fd and view the file already in the BIOS. I cannot seem to replace/patch the existing file with a .jpg that is different than the dimensions (200x213). If I try, it prompts me to resize my image which distorts it.

I have resized my image (much smaller than I want due to the 200px width constraint) and replaced the existing one. This works, but the image is distorted on boot (colors are off and the right and left sides of the image 'warp' past their boundaries and appear on the other side). I am using a .jpg saved at 100% quality.

I have also tried using InsydeFlash to patch the .jpg into the .fd and flash it that way, but I always get the following two errors back to back:
[Logo] Error: Target GUID not found
[Logo] Error: Get logo not success.

I'm attaching my logo .jpg, my platform.ini (for InsydeFlash) and my bios4.fd (which has a greyscale 200x213 version of my logo patched in via EzH2Othat I was trying to troubleshoot with but still looked distorted).

If anyone can give me some pointers on what I'm missing I'd really appreciate it.

I was also wondering if there's a way to remove / change the small boot logo in the corner as well. I assume EzH2O is the way to go but I haven't tried since I haven't gotten past the main image yet.

Edit: attaching 800x600 JPG (BMP would not attach due to size constraints) per sticky at the top of this board.
Ive honestly never done this mod on an insyde bios before , will do some reading first Smile

Admin
Well maximum splash size is 640x480 so ive resized the logo and edited the platform.ini

Please upload all the other files you have (to do with flashing)

Admin
OK flash it at your own risk! Just run InsydeFlash.exe and point it at the bios file , all should be ready to go!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/HP%20DV3%...34s282.zip

Best of luck!

Admin
Hi Admin and thank you for the help! I tried flashing with your package but unfortunately I got the same error messages related to the Logo / GUID not found. I also tried explicitly naming bios4.fd in the .ini but there was no change.

Do you have any ideas or am I stuck? I have tried searching for this error but have come up with no answers...